Sr. Service Desk Analyst at Major League Baseball
Position Summary: MLB Network seeks a professional Sr. Service Desk Analyst with strong knowledge of information technologies. The Sr. Service Desk Analyst will support Staff and Freelancers to address and resolve any IT issues.
- Must be able to effectively work and multi-task in a rapid-paced 24/7/365 pressurized, live broadcast environment (including weekends, holidays, late nights).
- Screen, respond to, and resolve requests for technical assistance in person, via phone, email, or ticketing system.
- Provide triage support and route calls/requests as necessary to Engineering, Post-Production or Media Management.
- Diagnose and resolve technical hardware and software issues.
- Research to resolve complex technical issues escalated by Tier I team.
- Track/route problems and requests. Document resolutions within our ticketing system and knowledge base.
- Travel as required to provide IT/Engineering primary support for assigned events.
- Identify and escalate issues as necessary to DBA’s, Sys Admins and Network Engineers.
- Keep reporting manager up to date with shift reports, ticket closures, and inventory checkups.
- Stay current with system information, changes and updates within Company.
- Participate in the on-call rotation for off-hour Service Desk support.
- Lead on major project initiatives involving members of upper management within other departments.
- Create and maintain documentation and Standard Operating Procedures for the Service Desk.
- Mentor and teach existing and new Service Desk staff on new responsibilities, technologies and tasks.
- Work directly with Sys Admins, DBA’s and/or Network Engineers as necessary to resolve issues.
- Other such duties as required.
Skills & Experience:
- A minimum of 3-4 years of hands-on experience in a fast-paced IT environment
- Advanced knowledge of the following IT Services: VMWare, Active Directory, DHCP, DNS, Group Policy, Acronis Imaging, Manage Engine software deployment.
- Must be detail-oriented, thorough, and be able to maintain confidentiality.
- Must be able to work independently yet strong collaboration skills are required.
- This position requires a motivated individual who can interface with a diverse group of people in an evolving environment.
- This position requires the ability to prioritize tasks and to take decisive action.
- Strong knowledge of fundamental operations in relevant software, hardware and other equipment troubleshooting - including Windows and Mac devices.
- Experience with Adobe Premiere and Creative Suite is a plus.
- Experience with Service Pro a plus.
- Prior networking experience in remote/field support a plus.
- Experience in the television and/or media content production industries is a plus.
- Must possess solid verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrate the skills required to work in a high pressurized live television environment.
- Must work a flexible schedule, including nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Must demonstrate sufficient professionalism to interact with executives, on-air talent and VP’s on an every day basis.
- Must be highly courteous, organized, demonstrate initiative and have an ability to complete multiple assignments in a timely manner
- Individual must work well in a dynamic environment and be able to recommend and implement process improvements, work independently and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Must be able to analyze end user workflow issues and make recommendations and improvements
- Ability to travel domestically and/or internationally as required.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
- Possess the visual acuity needed to effectively deliver required work product.
- Possess the auditory acuity needed to effectively deliver required work product.
- Ability to sit, stand, kneel, bend, twist, and turn for sufficient lengths of time in order to effectively deliver required work product.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in IT/Technical Communications, Broadcast IT or equivalent related experience is preferred