Staff IT Program Manager - M&A - Enterprise Tech at Peloton
Peloton is seeking a Staff Program Manager (PM) to drive program and project management for the Enterprise Technology (ET) function, focusing on Mergers and Acquisitions (M&A). You will also be part of a program management organization (PMO) in the ET function. ET is responsible for the underlying technology supporting business teams (including Supply Chain, Sales, Member Experience, Retail, Finance, and Marketing) as well as information security, IT employee experience, data governance, and IT infrastructure globally.
We are looking to hire an individual who possesses a high level of integrity and personal accountability. The successful candidate will be a proactive team player with a bias for action who demonstrates great attention to detail. Your focus will be on the following -
- Diligence - coordinate, manage and have a wide array of technical knowledge to speak to what we need to do in order to facilitate diligence on behalf of ET. That includes being an active participant in the upfront process to understand what we are looking to acquire, assess what we will need to perform diligence on from a tech perspective, and then secure the resources to execute the work (leveraging ET PMO intake and resourcing processes).
- Post-merger integration (PMI) strategy, planning, and execution - with assistance from seniors leaders in ET and in the Strategy M&A team, create a strategy for how ET should approach PMI (which can differ depending on on the deal), understanding the mechanics of the deal, why Peloton is pursuing the deal, and how to most effectively drive integration into Peloton. Execute on the integration plan using strong program governance, stakeholder engagement, risk management, and communication.
- Process development - develop and drive to a playbook and repeatable process which can be leveraged again and again to effectively and consistently support M&A diligence and integrations relative to ET; recognize, adopt and instill good Program Management practices throughout the organization.
- Manage the portfolio of ET M&A work, including roadmaps for the programs under your purview, identify and manage portfolio risk, and interface with key stakeholders to review this work and make adjustments
- Manage Enterprise Technology scope on multiple, simultaneous, M&A projects, working with ET teams to define, plan, and deliver these
- Drive success using strong program governance and leadership; communication and relationship management; and risk, change, dependency, and decision management; using championing ET PMO processes and artifacts
- Manage key stakeholders (especially ET leadership and Peloton’s Strategy and M&A teams) by establishing strong relationships at all levels, setting expectations, and ensuring delivery via your programs to these expectations
- Antiracism and Inclusivity: Peloton has made a commitment to to antiracism
- Actively contribute to creating a more inclusive culture and environment at Peloton
- Actively endorse, create, and maintain antiracist policies and processes
THINGS TO CONSIDER:
- We regularly assess the state of the department, the business, and the company, and determine what processes (and levels of process maturity) are needed for us to reach current and future objectives - you will play a large role in these decisions and changes for the projects and programs you support, and on the ET PMO team
- We firmly believe in conducting retrospectives and driving managed, continuous, improvement - you will facilitate many of these and are expected to facilitate and participate in an open and constructive dialogue
- You will work remotely until Peloton offices reopen, after which you will work from a Peloton office in the United States. When Peloton offices reopen, you may travel from time to time to other Peloton locations for meetings or other collaboration.
- Note: Your people manager will be based out of the New York City-metropolitan area. If you are based out of another office, while you may meet your manager in person from time to time (in a post-COVID world), most of your interactions will be virtual, which adds an element of complexity to your relationship with your people manager.
- 8+ years of program management experience both on technical and systems integration programs. You can demonstrate your technical depth and problem solving capabilities.
- 4+ years of experience supporting M&A-related projects focused on technology due diligence and/or post-merger integration (PMI)
- Experience managing complex programs with deeply vested stakeholders that require customized integration solutions
- Experience working with other senior leaders to develop vision, strategy, and playbooks for enterprise projects
- A basic understanding of enterprise systems architecture
- Able to think both strategically and tactically, persistent attention to detail, and ability to work with a high degree of fluidity and ambiguity
- Confident leading meetings, making decisions, documenting progress, tracking action items, and responding quickly to inquiries
- Able to interact effortlessly with senior executives, junior team members, and outside professional advisors, with the ability to calibrate based on the audience
- Able to build and cultivate strong relationships at all levels
- Proactive, being able to influence and motivate without authority
- Experience in defining, implementing and coaching others in Program Management methodologies and tactics as well as full project lifecycle management
- Consistently operate above the line
NICE TO HAVE:
- 4 years contextual (not hands-on) IT experience
- Experience using Monday.com, Smartsheet, Confluence, Jira, and/or GSuite - we don’t use Microsoft Office, Microsoft Outlook, or Microsoft Project here
Peloton uses technology + design to connect the world through fitness, empowering people to be the best version of themselves anywhere, anytime. We have reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform. Seamlessly combining hardware, software, and streaming technology, we create digital fitness and wellness content and products that Members love. In 2020 Peloton committed to becoming an antiracist organization with the launch of the Peloton Pledge. Learn more, here.
Peloton is an equal opportunity employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our applicants. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. If you would like to request any accommodations from application through to interview, please email: [email protected]
Please be aware that fictitious job openings, consulting engagements, solicitations, or employment offers may be circulated on the Internet in an attempt to obtain privileged information, or to induce you to pay a fee for services related to recruitment or training. Peloton does NOT charge any application, processing, or training fee at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process. All genuine job openings will be posted here on our careers page and all communications from the Peloton recruiting team and/or hiring managers will be from an @onepeloton.com email address.
If you have any doubts about the authenticity of an email, letter or telephone communication purportedly from, for, or on behalf of Peloton, please email [email protected] before taking any further action in relation to the correspondence.
Peloton does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Agencies should not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Peloton employees or any other organization location. Peloton is not responsible for any agency fees related to unsolicited resumes.