Store Experience Associate at Rent the Runway
About Rent the Runway:
Rent the Runway is transforming the way modern women get dressed and disrupting the $2.4 trillion global fashion industry by enabling women to rent, versus buy, clothing. Founded in 2009 with a vision to build the world’s first living closet, RTR believes that women everywhere will soon have a subscription to fashion. Rent the Runway has pioneered a new industry by transforming the traditional model of clothing consumption, making apparel rental an indispensable utility while also powering women to feel their best every day. RTR offers apparel, accessories and home decor from over 650 designer partners and has built in-house proprietary technology and a one-of-a-kind reverse logistics operation. Under CEO and Co-Founder Jennifer Hyman’s leadership, Rent the Runway has been named to CNBC’s “Disruptor 50” five times in ten years, and has been placed on Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies list multiple times. RTR has five retail stores of the future, 11 million community members and employs nearly 1,800 people, all of whom have equal benefits across the organization, 93% of whom are female and/or non-white, with 80% of leaders who are women.
Stores at Rent the Runway:
Rent the Runway is pushing the boundaries of brick-and-mortar retail, offering a technology driven, customer-centric store experience designed to provide efficient and seamless service. Our stores are the ultimate extension of our closetless vision - serving as inventory closet and last mile fulfillment, pick up and drop off centers, styling studios, and event and community space. We have a growing footprint of 5 retail closets across key markets in the United States.
RTR stores are powered by seamless technology that enables us to provide white glove customer service - including self service fulfillment, an innovative fitting room experience, and QR code customer identification. While we are passionate about technology, the heart and soul of Rent the Runway is in our team. Our store teams are full of passionate, customer-centric individuals who are obsessed with providing the best possible experience for our customers. We believe that no issue is too big, and every customer interaction is an opportunity to help change the way women get dressed. From subscription swaps to styling sessions, our retail team is the front line of our brand and we are excited to be building this team with entrepreneurial, dynamic talent that believes in our vision for retail.
Rent the Runway is looking for Store Experience Associates to join the growing team at our Flagship Store location in NYC. As a Store Experience Associate, you will be the face of the RTR brand, embodying our mission to empower women to feel amazing. You will support our customers through every phase of the RTR journey with a focus on servicing our subscribers and supporting all of their in-store needs. You will evangelize the brand to first time renters and build relationships with loyal subscribers who have come to rely on RTR as a utility in their life. As a Store Experience Associate, you will be trained on all aspects of the RTR brand as well as critical technology and tools and will have the opportunity to be exposed to various aspects of the business prior to selecting a speciality (i.e. style + fit, merchandising, customer experience).
The Day to Day:
- Become an expert in all in-store services: Greeting customers, order swaps, pick up and drop off, inventory questions, order issues, styling and appointments
- Develop a keen understanding of the various customer scenarios that present in store, as well as how to provide incredible customer service in each situation
- Handle every customer interaction with empathy, optimism and confidence, creating a positive, energetic environment focused 100% on the customer experience
- Demonstrate expert knowledge on style and fit of RTR inventory, specifically regarding various body-types, silhouettes, designers, etc. providing highly personalized service for each customer
- Troubleshoot and resolve customer issues with the utmost care and respect with a YES attitude and customer first mentality
Consistently deliver personalized service while meeting quality and productivity goals
Share customer feedback and information with other team members and leaders in order to continuously improve and evolve the in-store experience
- Serve as a proud brand ambassador of Rent the Runway, constantly championing our mission to change the way women get dressed
- Customer-Centric - guiding our customers through the RTR journey while listening to their needs, and communicating effectively with empathy.
- Problem Solver- making quick and impactful decisions in a fast paced environment that leads to positive end results.
- Dedicated - committed to RTR vision and mission, and providing the best experience possible for our customer.
- Resilient – honest and ethical in all interactions in and outside of the learning environment; uphold company values and policies; maintain the integrity of the content and delivery.
- College degree preferred
- 1+ years of experience working in service focused, high volume environment where customer service is paramount
- Technologically inclined and quick to learn various systems and tools
- Excellent verbal, written and listening skills
- Must be able to work while standing and walking and be able to lift approx 20 lbs
- Must be able to climb stairs in a multi level store
- Ability to work 40 hours per week -- can include days, evenings and weekends. This is a full time role.
At Rent the Runway, we’re committed to the happiness and wellbeing of our employees, and aim to create a workplace that fosters both personal and professional growth. Our benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Generous Paid Time Off including vacation, paid bereavement, and family sick leave - every employee needs time to take care of themselves and their family.
- Universal Paid Parental Leave for both parents + flexible return to work program - because we know your newest family member(s) deserve your undivided attention.
- Paid Sabbatical after 5 years of continuous service - Unplug, recharge, and have some fun!
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental, FSA and dependent care from day 1 of employment - Your health comes first and we’ve got you covered.
- Industry leading 401k match - an investment in your future.
Rent the Runway is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Rent the Runway does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need