Store Experience Manager
About Rent the Runway:
Rent the Runway is transforming the way modern women get dressed and disrupting the $2.4 trillion global fashion industry by enabling women to rent, versus buy, clothing. Founded in 2009 with a vision to build the world’s first living closet, RTR believes that women everywhere will soon have a subscription to fashion. Rent the Runway has pioneered a new industry by transforming the traditional model of clothing consumption, making apparel rental an indispensable utility while also powering women to feel their best every day. RTR offers apparel, accessories and home decor from over 650 designer partners and has built in-house proprietary technology and a one-of-a-kind reverse logistics operation. Under CEO and Co-Founder Jennifer Hyman’s leadership, Rent the Runway has been named to CNBC’s “Disruptor 50” five times in ten years, and has been placed on Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies list multiple times. RTR has five retail stores of the future, 11 million community members and employs nearly 1,800 people, all of whom have equal benefits across the organization, 93% of whom are female and/or non-white, with 80% of leaders who are women.
As the Store Experience Manager, you own the customer experience in our store. Your primary focus is to build a customer-centric environment through the development of the team and ownership of the space. You will also be an expert on our internal systems, processes, and technology and actively assist associates to ensure timely resolution and consistency for customers. You should be comfortable on the frontlines with customers, as well as working with leadership to escalate and resolve issues. This is a great position for an entrepreneurial, passionate, and inspiring leader who wants to build the future of the retail experience for the rental revolution.
- Lead a Store Experience team with a variety of experience, providing guidance, coaching, and consistent feedback
- Establish customer-first culture and be a point of escalation for customer issues, problem solving in real-time
- Maintain a pulse on ongoing learning opportunities and knowledge gaps on your team to ensure adequate training of all our associates
- Recruit, hire, and train a high-performing team that drives consistent operational excellence and fosters a collaborative and positive team environment
- Own the zone charts and create effective schedules to deliver a high level of customer service
- Lead store events, both for internal team building as well as customer engagement and acquisition to support store KPIs
- Work alongside the store leadership team to address and troubleshoot operational opportunities to improve the overall team and customer experience
- You will spend ~80% of your time FOH interacting with customers and should be able to translate customer experience challenges into operational action plans
- 7 plus years management experience in the service or fashion industry (depending upon the volume of the business) with a proven track record of successfully managing a team
- Ability to multi-task and coordinate ongoing projects, plans and people development
- Works well under pressure and meeting tight deadlines
- Love of brainstorming, problem-solving, being creative and resourceful
- Training, interviewing, planning, organizational, and performance management skills
- Technically savvy and proficiency with MS Office; Outlook, Excel, Word
- Strong analytical and communication skills - verbal and written
- Entrepreneurial mindset with the ability to react to business trends and identify areas of opportunity
- Proven track record in attendance and performance
- Dedicated to high level of client service and revenue productivity
- Must be able to work while standing and walking and be able to lift approx 20 lbs
- Supplemental info: provide any other additional information (e.g. access to vehicle, ability to travel, etc.)
- Flexible schedule and ability to commit to a minimum of 4045 hours per week including nights and weekends
At Rent the Runway, we’re committed to the happiness and wellbeing of our employees, and aim to create a workplace that fosters both personal and professional growth. Our benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Generous Paid Time Off including vacation, paid bereavement, and family sick leave - every employee needs time to take care of themselves and their family.
- Universal Paid Parental Leave for both parents + flexible return to work program - because we know your newest family member(s) deserve your undivided attention.
- Paid Sabbatical after 5 years of continuous service - Unplug, recharge, and have some fun!
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental, FSA and dependent care from day 1 of employment - Your health comes first and we’ve got you covered.
- Industry leading 401k match - an investment in your future.
Rent the Runway is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Rent the Runway does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.