Strategic Operations Manager, US&C Delivery at Uber (Greater NYC Area, NY)
About the Role:
Uber Eats is revolutionizing instant delivery and making dining effortless: from eating locally to ordering groceries or to celebrating with a bottle of wine. The options are endless. Working at Uber Eats means delivering on all possibilities, not just for customers, but for merchants trying to grow their business and for delivery people searching for earnings opportunities.
We are looking for an outstanding individual to join our US & Canada Strategic Operations team who is passionate about designing and building creative solutions to our most complex problems. You will work closely with our Leadership Team, and drive alignment across the entire organization, including Product, Engineering, and Customer Support.
In this US&C Operations Manager role, you will help shape the strategy and optimize Delivery operations in one of our verticals across Eater (consumer), Courier (supply partner), Marketplace, Merchant, and Sales Operations. You'll design and lead high-impact projects and experiments to drive growth and efficiency.
This role will partner closely with Product, Territory (Local) Operations, Finance, Marketing, Tech, and Customer Support teams to execute key priorities and measure results.
What You'll Do
- Proactively identify opportunities for performance improvement in your area of ownership, ranging from growing supply and demand, segmenting our customer base, improving our merchant experience, or one of our many delivery priorities
- Identify, scope, and recommend a solution, then take ownership for delivering on the project and the outcomes, as well as keeping leadership informed of progress
- Take accountability for project outcomes, ensure delivery on critical project metrics, and keep others informed of progress
- Analyze sophisticated data, build models, and aggregate insights to drive key business decisions and policies
- Advise senior leadership on long-term strategy and decision making by defining critical metrics, developing dashboards, and providing strategic insights
- Work with Product teams to guide the development of our solutions based on business and customer needs. Project manage cross-functional work streams for key Product roll-outs across the US and Canada. Set and measure key performance indicators for roll-outs you oversee.
- Collaborate and work cross-functionally with other Operations teams as well as with Product, Data Science, Sales, Marketing, Finance, and Customer Support to ensure insights inform broader critical initiatives
- 2+ years of professional work experience in a related field (consulting, investment banking, technology, operations, strategy, or analytics)
- Bachelor's degree
- 2-4 years of professional work experience in a related field, such as consulting, investment banking, strategy, operations, or analytics
- Strong Excel/Google Sheets or SQL proficiency
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced and ambiguous environment
- Experience problem-solving and proposing unique solutions to complex issues
- Strong experience building and executing complex processes
- Strong communication and presentation skills, including experience presenting data & insights to a sophisticated audience
- Experience with quantitative data analysis to provide deep measurable insights
- Strong collaboration and stakeholder management skills - building deep, trust-based relationships with teams and cross-functional partners
- Strong business judgment and critical thinking skills with the ability to use data to develop strategies and make decisions quickly
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.
Offices continue to be central to collaboration and Uber's cultural identity. Unless formally approved to work fully remotely, Uber expects employees to spend at least half of their work time in their assigned office. For certain roles, such as those based at green-light hubs, employees are expected to be in-office for 100% of their time. Please speak with your recruiter to better understand in-office expectations for this role.
For New York, NY-based roles: The base salary range for this role is $98,000 per year - $109,000 per year. For San Francisco, CA-based roles: The base salary range for this role is $98,000 per year - $109,000 per year. For all US locations, you will be eligible to participate in Uber's bonus program, and may be offered an equity award & other types of comp. You will also be eligible for various benefits. More details can be found at the following link https://www.uber.com/careers/benefits.