Strategic Sourcing Manager- Mechanical at Peloton
At Peloton, Strategic Sourcing Managers collaborate with Engineering teams to ensure we have a high quality, cost effective supply base that is able to also deliver components to meet our production demand. As a Sourcing Manager, you will serve as the primary contact for internal teams and external partners/suppliers for sourcing and procurement. You'll identify key mechanical components, identify potential suppliers and build consensus cross functionally to qualify those suppliers. You'll lead and support the development, implementation and management of global strategies to provide Peloton with optimal flexibility, quality, and supply assurance. Working closely with Product Management, Hardware/ Software Engineering, Industrial Design, Quality Engineering and Operations teams, you will manage and maintain long-term supplier relationships. The role will be based out of Peloton's NY HQ.
- In depth knowledge of mechanical components and processes – metal stamping, extrusions, castings, forgings, plastic injection molding and tooling
- Maintain expertise/knowledge of market trends including rigorous analysis of market drivers, cost structures, technical improvements and competitive landscape relative to mechanical commodity
- Ensure a competitive sourcing environment leading to continuous improvement in quality, cost, service and technology
- Manage robust supplier selection processes using market analysis, concise request for proposals (RFPs), data driven approach and should cost modeling.
- Help drive quarterly executive business reviews of strategic sourcing plan that defines, among other things, market and business analysis, product roadmaps, supplier capabilities and annual / quarterly strategic business objectives
- Manage all aspects of new supplier bring-up, qualification, capacity planning, assurance of supply and execution to project timelines/schedules
- Support supplier initiatives including annual cost reductions, VMI/JIT, lead-time reductions, favorable payment terms, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Supply Chain Management, Engineering or related field
- 7+ years of experience in high volume manufacturing operations or sourcing environment
- 7+ years of direct experience in supplier/supply chain management
- Knowledge and ME sourcing experience related to high end fitness equipment
- Knowledge of basic supply agreement construction; understanding of key contracting provisions/requirements
- Extensive negotiation experience with global suppliers with a proven track record in cost reduction
- Strong analytical skills (i.e. should cost modeling, quotation analysis, supplier selection)
- Strong influencing skills and change management experience with the ability to successfully manage complexity and multiple priorities.
Founded in 2012, Peloton is a global interactive fitness platform that brings the energy and benefits of studio-style workouts to the convenience and comfort of home. We use technology and design to bring our Members immersive content through the Peloton Bike, the Peloton Tread, and Peloton Digital, which provide comprehensive, socially-connected fitness offerings anytime, anywhere. We believe in taking risks and challenging the status quo by continuously innovating and improving. Our team is made up of passionate brand ambassadors, and we know that together, we go far.
Headquartered in New York City, with offices, warehouses and retail showrooms in the US, UK and Canada, Peloton is changing the way people get fit. Peloton has been named to many prestigious industry lists, including Fast Company's Most Innovative Companies, CNBC's Disruptor 50, Crain's New York Business' Tech25 and Fast50, as well as TIME's Genius Companies. Visit www.onepeloton.com/careers to learn more about joining our team.