Bizzabo is seeking an exceptional Manager of Corporate Development to help guide our efforts in evaluating and executing on strategic initiatives. The ideal candidate enjoys solving complex problems, works effectively with cross-functional teams, and thrives in a fast-paced setting that is constantly evolving. This is a highly visible role, reporting directly to the SVP of Operations, and requires strong interpersonal skills as well as the ability to approach business creatively.
Bizzabo is the leading event success platform for in-person, virtual, and hybrid events. Bizzabo’s all-in-one event software helps companies measure, manage, and scale events towards key business outcomes—empowering every organizer, marketer, exhibitor, and attendee to unleash the power of professional events. Bizzabo powers events for brands like Amazon, Electronic Arts, Financial Times, Forbes, Siemens, and Salesforce, to name a few. The company was founded by Boaz Katz, Alon Alroy, and Eran Ben-Shushan, and has hundreds of Bizzaboers working around the globe.
What you’ll be doing:
- Help Bizzabo decide where to deploy its resources to maximize long-term strategic value
- Tackle hard, ambiguous questions with rigor and independence, owning projects from problem definition to final recommendation
- Clearly define the opportunity and risk of Bizzabo’s current and future product, customer, and geographic footprint, helping us to spot trends with impact on Bizzabo’s overall strategy
- Evaluate white space business, product, and partnership opportunities in adjacent markets
- Drive strategic decisions, crisply framing a problem space, potential paths and tradeoffs, enabling Bizzabo to move quickly
- Work with Bizzabo’s leadership team to ensure the company is positioned to execute on its strategy in the near- and long-term
- Build thought leadership on the future state of the industry (e.g., the future of money movement) and potential impact to Bizzabo’s overall strategy
- Lead our sourcing efforts of potential acquisition targets globally
- Work with senior members in Sales, Product and Engineering in aligning strategic initiatives with sourcing efforts
- Comprehensively screen technical and financial information to identify public and private targets to build and maintain list of targets
- Coordinate and assist in outreach activities to potential targets with senior executives
- Evaluate potential acquisitions for strategic and product fit and assist in the creation business cases
- Assist in buy vs. build analysis, valuation and execution of M&A transactions
- Evaluate industry trends including private company funding rounds and industry M&A activity
- Plan and Manage PMI initiatives for acquired companies
Who are you?
- You excel at hypothesis-driven problem solving and bringing structure to quantitative and qualitative insights
- You are eager to have a high degree of ownership, directly framing and influencing Bizzabo’s most strategic decisions
- You get a kick out of digging deep into the data, thinking from first principles, and delivering the best results
- You have a proven track record for working well across teams and with external partners to solve hard problems
- You are low ego and have a knack for working well with a wide range of people.
- You understand markets, competition, and how to leverage core competencies to create defensible strategies
- You have a passion for technology and an understanding of software and business technology markets, trends, and dynamics
- You have 4-10+ years of experience in strategy consulting, investing, or a comparable role in high growth tech companies
- Corporate Development experience