Bizzabo is seeking an exceptional Manager of Corporate Development to help guide our efforts in evaluating and executing on strategic initiatives. The ideal candidate enjoys solving complex problems, works effectively with cross-functional teams, and thrives in a fast-paced setting that is constantly evolving. This is a highly visible role, reporting directly to the SVP of Operations, and requires strong interpersonal skills as well as the ability to approach business creatively.
Bizzabo powers immersive in-person, virtual, and hybrid experiences. The Bizzabo Event Experience OS is a data-rich open platform that allows Event Experience Leaders to manage events, engage audiences, activate communities, and deliver powerful business outcomes — all while keeping attendee data private and secure. Bizzabo powers events for world-leading brands, from Fortune 100 enterprise organizations and financial institutions to creative agencies and scaling tech companies. Bizzabo was founded by Boaz Katz, Alon Alroy, and Eran Ben-Shushan, and has more than 300 employees in its New York, Tel-Aviv, Kyiv, and London offices, as well as 15+ remote locations around the world.
Community Details and Perks:
The Bizzabo Community
At Bizzabo we believe that culture is more than just happy hour and a ping pong table (though we do love a good ping pong tournament), we believe that culture is everything we do and how we do it. Our values are what help to guide us in our interactions with each other, our customers, and anyone who crosses paths with Bizzabo. Bizzabo fosters an environment of communication and trust. We don’t just offer the opportunity to share ideas, we encourage you to own your ideas and bring them to fruition.
We believe the future of events is all about choice and flexibility, which is why we've adopted a remote-friendly hybrid model for our workforce. We have offices in several major global cities, and we encourage our team to gather in-person without any requirements about how often that happens. Additionally, we have people working from 15+ remote locations around the world.
- We offer a comprehensive insurance package at no out of pocket cost to the employee, 401k, Pre-tax commuter benefits, and a generous vacation policy.
- We are a dog friendly in-person and virtual office!
- For new employees joining us during this remote work period, we offer a comprehensive virtual onboarding experience with a stipend to get your remote office set up.
- We have frequent Bizzabonding activities including bi-weekly sponsored lunches, bi-weekly happy hours, virtual cooking classes, yoga classes, fitness classes, and other virtual bonding activities to keep our Bizzaboers engaged and connected. We welcome all new ideas and encourage each Bizzaboer to participate or lead their own virtual event!
- Our office is located on 27th and Broadway south of Madison Square Garden. This vibrant neighborhood includes great lunch spots, train accessibility, and views of the Empire State Building.
What you’ll be doing:
- Help Bizzabo decide where to deploy its resources to maximize long-term strategic value
- Tackle hard, ambiguous questions with rigor and independence, owning projects from problem definition to final recommendation
- Clearly define the opportunity and risk of Bizzabo’s current and future product, customer, and geographic footprint, helping us to spot trends with impact on Bizzabo’s overall strategy
- Evaluate white space business, product, and partnership opportunities in adjacent markets
- Drive strategic decisions, crisply framing a problem space, potential paths and tradeoffs, enabling Bizzabo to move quickly
- Work with Bizzabo’s leadership team to ensure the company is positioned to execute on its strategy in the near- and long-term
- Build thought leadership on the future state of the industry (e.g., the future of money movement) and potential impact to Bizzabo’s overall strategy
- Lead our sourcing efforts of potential acquisition targets globally
- Work with senior members in Sales, Product and Engineering in aligning strategic initiatives with sourcing efforts
- Comprehensively screen technical and financial information to identify public and private targets to build and maintain list of targets
- Coordinate and assist in outreach activities to potential targets with senior executives
- Evaluate potential acquisitions for strategic and product fit and assist in the creation business cases
- Assist in buy vs. build analysis, valuation and execution of M&A transactions
- Evaluate industry trends including private company funding rounds and industry M&A activity
- Plan and Manage PMI initiatives for acquired companies
Who are you?
- You excel at hypothesis-driven problem solving and bringing structure to quantitative and qualitative insights
- You are eager to have a high degree of ownership, directly framing and influencing Bizzabo’s most strategic decisions
- You get a kick out of digging deep into the data, thinking from first principles, and delivering the best results
- You have a proven track record for working well across teams and with external partners to solve hard problems
- You are low ego and have a knack for working well with a wide range of people.
- You understand markets, competition, and how to leverage core competencies to create defensible strategies
- You have a passion for technology and an understanding of software and business technology markets, trends, and dynamics
- You have 4-10+ years of experience in strategy consulting, investing, or a comparable role in high growth tech companies
- Corporate Development experience