The Strategy & Operations team is responsible for strategic development and growth at DoorDash. Strategy & Operations Associates work to define the value of new initiatives, and run and refine experiments to drive growth. You will dive into data to explain market performance at the lowest level of detail, devise high-impact strategies, and work side-by-side with external teams to make those a reality.
Our best Associates are data-driven, truth seekers, strategic thought partners, operators, and have exceptional relationship-building skills. They combine business context and analytics to take a problem area and implement a customized solution. Think this is you? Read on…
What you’ll do
- Strategize – You’ll drive our Dasher strategy in the US and will be responsible for delivering world-class quality in our US markets. To do this, you’ll manage some of the highest-leverage inputs to Consumer and Dasher growth, such as how quickly deliveries get completed, how effectively our pay model incentivizes Dashers, how well we utilize Dashers’ time when they are dashing, and more.
- Problem-Solve - You’ll use data to help uncover and solve complex operational and behavior-driven problems to drive growth and profitability in our most challenging and competitive markets.
- Analyze – You’ll build models to evaluate the costs and benefits of various business strategies related to Dasher behavior, market growth, Dasher acquisition, delivery efficiency, Dasher incentives and more.
- Experiment – You’ll devise tests and use data-driven decision making to drive both the business and the product forward.
- Influence – You’ll work cross-functionally with our Operations, Drive, Marketing, Product, Engineering, Finance, Analytics, Sales, Account Management, and Business Development teams to meet and exceed ambitious market goals.
- Self-starter – You have a bias towards action and are able to thrive in a fast-paced, constantly changing work environment.
- Naturally curious – You’re obsessed with the number and love getting into the details to understand why it moves the way it moves.
- Entrepreneurial – You crave responsibility and want to shape the vision and direction of the company.
- Gritty – You don’t hesitate to roll up your sleeves, and you thrive at both the 1000-foot view and ground level.
- Relationship-builder – You can influence and motivate people at all levels across a variety of job functions.
- Problem solver – You can independently translate high-level goals into actionable plans.
- 1-3 years of experience in consulting, strategy, business development, operations, technology, banking, analytics or related experience; high-growth or early-stage start-up experience is a plus
- Proven track record of leading initiatives, hitting goals, and succeeding in a team environment
- Expert communication and interpersonal skills
- Advanced Excel skills; SQL knowledge is a plus
- We are leaders - Leadership is not limited to our management team. It’s something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies.
- We are doers - We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions that will lead our company and our industry is what we do -- on every project, every day.
- We are learning - We’re not afraid to dig in and uncover the truth, even if it’s scary or inconvenient. Everyone here is continually learning on the job, no matter if we’ve been in a role for one year or one minute.
- We are customer obsessed - Our mission is to grow and empower local economies. We are committed to our customers, merchants, and dashers and believe in connecting people with possibility.
- We are all DoorDash - The magic of DoorDash is our people, together making our inspiring goals attainable and driving us to greater heights.
- We offer great compensation packages and comprehensive health benefits.
DoorDash is a technology company that connects customers with their favorite local and national businesses in over 4,000 cities and all 50 states across the United States and Canada. Founded in 2013, DoorDash empowers merchants to grow their businesses by offering on-demand delivery, data-driven insights, and better in-store efficiency, providing delightful experiences from door to door. By building the last-mile delivery infrastructure for local cities, DoorDash is bringing communities closer, one doorstep at a time. Read more on the DoorDash blog or at www.doordash.com.Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of the best and brightest from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.