Strategy & Operations Manager, DoorDash Kitchens at DoorDash
The DoorDash Kitchens team is responsible for launching and operating DoorDash’s New Delivery Models including shared ‘dark kitchens’ for restauranteurs looking to expand and grow their business. This is a small and scrappy team helping scale DoorDash Kitchens.About the Role
This role is a generalist role wearing many hats, whether it’s helping a merchant think about growth strategy or tactically improving this week’s operations and sales, we are looking for a hands-on builder.
What You’ll Do...
You’ll help launch new Kitchens and make them successful from an end-to-end perspective. One day you might be working with general contractors and regulators, and the next you may be digging into merchant operations. You will ultimately be responsible for the success of launch and operations.
- Build. You’ll launch Kitchens, including working with vendors to design and build kitchens in partnership with our Merchants. You’ll use your grit and scrappiness to execute quickly, get 1% better every day, and roll out operational playbooks to scale this new business. This means everything from high-level strategy to nitty-gritty operational details.
- Analyze. Use data to inform marketing and merchandising strategies that help Merchants grow their sales, and drive operational improvements that improve quality.
- Training and coaching. Hire and train the day-to-day operating team including setting goals, training, and performance management
You are excited about building new businesses from scratch and thrive in fast paced environments.. You always believe there’s a better way and never settle for mediocrity
- You solve problems from first principles. You’re excited to solve problems in innovative ways, and you resist “this is how it’s always been done” thinking.
- You’re equally comfortable operating at 10,000 feet and 1 foot. You don’t hesitate to get in the weeds and operate at the lowest level of detail, but you’re just as comfortable thinking long-term and inspiring a team. No job is beneath you.
- You’re unafraid of ambiguity. Rapid change and learning is exciting to you, and you thrive in ambiguous, startup environments
- You’re analytical. You let data win arguments, and you’re comfortable pulling your own data in SQL or modeling in Excel.
- You’re relentless. You do what it takes to win, no matter what.
- You have 3+ years of experience. You’ve succeeded in high-performance cultures (whether in tech, operations, strategy, consulting, banking, or a related experience).
- You’re open to travel. This role will require 60%+ travel time, dependent on local and national travel guidelines and restrictions.
- You have experience starting or scaling a successful startup.
- You have a demonstrated interest in logistics, on-demand services, and marketplaces.
- We are leaders - Leadership is not limited to our management team. It’s something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies.
- We are doers - We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions that will lead our company and our industry is what we do -- on every project, every day.
- We are learners - We’re not afraid to dig in and uncover the truth, even if it’s scary or inconvenient. Everyone here is continually learning on the job, no matter if we’ve been in a role for one year or one minute.
- We are customer-obsessed - Our mission is to grow and empower local economies. We are committed to our customers, merchants, and dashers and believe in connecting people with possibility.
- We are all DoorDash - The magic of DoorDash is our people, together making our inspiring goals attainable and driving us to greater heights.
- We offer great compensation packages and comprehensive health benefits.
DoorDash is a technology company that connects customers with their favorite local and national businesses in the United States, Canada, and Australia. Founded in 2013, DoorDash empowers merchants to grow their businesses by offering on-demand delivery, data-driven insights, and better in-store efficiency, providing delightful experiences from door to door. By building the last-mile delivery infrastructure for local cities, DoorDash is bringing communities closer, one doorstep at a time. Read more on the DoorDash blog or at www.doordash.com.Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of the best and brightest from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.