Strategy & Operations Manager, Pickup at DoorDash
The takeout market is enormous, with $100B+ of annual spend. DoorDash Pickup is one of our fastest growing new business units, helping merchants generate high margin sales and consumers find great local businesses to pickup from. As a Strategy & Operations Manager you will lead key initiatives to grow and improve our pickup/takeout business.
In a typical day, you may create strategies to win the top merchants, guide new product ideas or rollouts, run experiments to improve operations, dive into data to explain performance at the lowest level of detail, build tools that allow teams to increase their work 10x, and make sure we never stop growing.What You'll Do
- Strategize - Create and refine unique strategies across our Pickup marketplace
- Engage - improve the way we onboard, work with, and build relationships with our merchants and strategic partners
- Optimize – implement scalable programs across cross-functional teams
- Experiment – Use data-driven decision-making to run tests on everything from growth strategies to the selection of merchants on the platform
- Analyze – Build models to evaluate the economic and strategic costs and benefits of multiple programs and experiments.
- Influence – Work with our Business Development, Sales, Account Management, Operations, Product, Engineering, Analytics, Merchant, Marketing, etc. teams to guide strategic projects and harness opportunities
- Build — create and execute go-to-market playbooks, experimenting with new tactics to drive product adoption
- You have 4-7 years of experience. You’ve successfully managed initiatives and driven results in high-performance cultures (whether in tech, software sales, strategy, operations, consulting, or a related experience), and you’ve led teams to achieve audacious goals; High-growth startup experience is a plus
- You solve problems from first principles. You like being presented with a problem and coming up with a strategic and tactical plan in innovative ways—and you resist “this is how it’s always been done” thinking.
- You’re equally comfortable operating at 10,000 feet and 1 foot. You don’t hesitate to get in the weeds and operate at the lowest level of detail, but you’re just as comfortable thinking long-term and inspiring a team. No job is beneath you.
- You’re action-oriented — You have a bias towards action and driving results
- You’re unafraid of ambiguity. Rapid change and learning is exciting to you, and you thrive in ambiguous, startup environments
- You’re analytical. You let data win arguments, and you’re comfortable pulling your own data in SQL or modeling in Excel.
- You’re a relationship-builder. You can influence and motivate people at all levels across a variety of functions
- We are leaders - Leadership is not limited to our management team. It’s something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies.
- We are doers - We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions that will lead our company and our industry is what we do -- on every project, every day.
- We are learning - We’re not afraid to dig in and uncover the truth, even if it’s scary or inconvenient. Everyone here is continually learning on the job, no matter if we’ve been in a role for one year or one minute.
- We are customer obsessed - Our mission is to grow and empower local economies. We are committed to our customers, merchants, and dashers and believe in connecting people with possibility.
- We are all DoorDash - The magic of DoorDash is our people, together making our inspiring goals attainable and driving us to greater heights.
- We offer great compensation packages and comprehensive health benefits.
DoorDash is a technology company that connects customers with their favorite local and national businesses in over 4,000 cities and all 50 states across the United States and Canada. Founded in 2013, DoorDash empowers merchants to grow their businesses by offering on-demand delivery, data-driven insights, and better in-store efficiency, providing delightful experiences from door to door. By building the last-mile delivery infrastructure for local cities, DoorDash is bringing communities closer, one doorstep at a time. Read more on the DoorDash blog or at www.doordash.com.Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of the best and brightest from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.