Strategy & Operations Manager at DoorDash
DoorDash for Business is our group ordering and catering platform for corporate offices. In a typical day, Strategy & Operations Managers may run and refine experiments to increase company growth, dive into data to explain performance at the lowest level of detail, build tools that allow teams to grow their work 10x, and work side-by-side with external and internal teams to develop our product and growth strategy.What You'll Do
- Strategize - Create and work on unique strategies across our three-sided group order and catering marketplaces.
- Engage - improve the way we onboard, work, and build relationships with our corporate clients and strategic partners., strategic partners merchant partners.
- Optimize – implement scalable programs across and best practices across diverse teams to guarantee an outstanding operation.
- Experiment – Use data-driven decision-making to run tests on everything from growth strategies which restaurants to offer, delivery times to the selection of merchants on the platform.
- Analyze – Build models to evaluate the economic and strategic costs and benefits of multiple programs and experiments.
- Influence – Work with our Sales, Account Management, Operations, Product, Engineering, Analytics, Sales, etc. teams to guide strategic projects and harness opportunities.
- Growth minded – You like being presented with a problem and coming up with a plan
- Accountable - You want to manage the outcome and help improve our most essential growth and profitability metrics
- Entrepreneurial – You want to shape the direction of the company
- Generalist – You seek exposure to different types of problems and want to try your hand at different sides of the business
- Relationship-builder – You can influence and motivate people at all levels across a variety of responsibilities
- Action-oriented — You have a bias towards action and driving results
- 4-8+ years of experience in consulting, strategy, business development, operations, growth, technology, analytics or related experience; high-growth or early-stage start-up experience is a plus
- Proven track record of leading initiatives, hitting goals, and succeeding in a fast-paced team environment
- Expert communication and interpersonal skills
- Advanced Excel skills
- SQL knowledge or an excitement to learn it in the first month
Founded in 2013, DoorDash is dedicated to growing local economies and empowering new ways of working, earning, and living. DoorDash has become the fastest-growing last-mile logistics company in the U.S., growing 250% year-over-year. DoorDash has distinguished itself by partnering with nearly 90 percent of the top 100 U.S. restaurant brands who offer on-demand delivery, expanding to over 3300 cities across the US and Canada.Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of the best and brightest from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the resources, and opportunity to excel.