Great Jones is looking for an Operations Manager to help us deliver an exceptional customer experience to our owners and tenants. We’re looking for an individual who can think strategically, execute quickly, and is excited about building the tools and processes that will enable our Property Management team to deliver an industry leading, cost-effective customer experience to our owners and tenants. To be successful in this role, you need to be able to think strategically and be able to execute quickly.
In this role, you can expect to work on projects like the following:
- Tear down existing processes and generate insights from best-in-class benchmarks and our team of industry experts to redefine how we deliver a world-class experience
- Build foundational processes that will help us scale faster
- Constantly iterate on operational processes to drive efficiencies for the business
- Inform and utilize performance dashboards to monitor progress on efficiency tests
This is a hands-on role and we’re looking for someone who is motivated about what we’re building and eager to grow with our team.
Who you are
- Customer Focused - You remain focused on the customer experience at all times and understand the strategic importance of customer experience to our organization
- Excellent communicator - you have exceptional written & verbal communication skills
- Natural problem solver - you love solving problems in a creative way
- Able to multitask and prioritize - you feel comfortable in an environment with competing priorities.
- Detail oriented - you are energized to get into the weeds of processes and touchpoints across the customer journey
- Strong project management skills
- Strong quantitative skills
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 2-4 years work experience
- Previous experience in management consulting
- Previous startup operating experience a plus
About Great Jones:
Great Jones brings ease and performance to rental ownership and living, starting by reinventing property management for the several trillion (!) dollars in rental homes owned by small-scale investors.
We’re replacing an experience that has historically been heavily operational, low-tech, and stressful with one delivered through modern software, thoughtful experience design, real benefits of scale, and the right blend of local & centralized operations.
By providing a seamless, full-service experience for owners and residents, we aim to make ownership worry-free and more profitable for the 25 million Americans who own rental homes. In doing so, we become the operating system around our owners’ most valuable investments, as well as our residents’ homes.
And we’re doing this within an enormous addressable market, with highly attractive unit economics, where competition is deeply fragmented and notorious for subpar service.
We are growing rapidly with nationwide expansion on deck -- headquartered in Manhattan with on-the-ground operations in 20 markets across 9 states.
Our leadership team has built digital platforms and operational machines that have powered hundreds of millions of dollars' worth of transactions for marketplace businesses like 1stdibs, Skillshare, and Warby Parker.
We’ve raised over $30 million (including our recently closed Series B) from top investors including Crosslink Capital, Navitas Capital, Zigg Capital, Juxtapose, and top NYC angels & real estate entrepreneurs including Kevin Ryan, David Rosenblatt, and Jason Finger, who have founded or led companies such as Seamless, Gilt Groupe, MongoDB, DoubleClick, 1stdibs, Floored, and others.