DoorDash (Caviar) is looking for an analytical and entrepreneurial operator to join our team as a Strategy & Operations Sr. Associate, Caviar Quality & Efficiency.About the Role
DoorDash is investing in Caviar, the premium restaurant delivery and pickup marketplace. As a Caviar Quality & Efficiency Sr. Associate you will own logistics and merchant operations initiatives to create premium on-demand experiences.
The Sr. Associate is responsible for ensuring that our customers get fast, defect-free deliveries by improving our fleet logistics and merchant operations. Each member of the team is responsible for understanding, reporting on, and improving specific metrics.
In a typical day, you may design and run operational experiments, work with merchant-facing teams to support our biggest partners, use analytical modeling to understand the drivers behind our KPIs, dive into data to diagnose and solve problems at the lowest level of detail, and always make sure we are providing a best-in-class experience for merchants and consumers through operational and product improvementsWhat You’ll Do
- Root cause KPI performance to improve logistics and merchant operations metrics
- Make data-driven recommendations to cross-functional stakeholders to execute key initiatives
- Prevent & reduce order defect rates, including order cancellations and missing and incorrect items
- Reduce the time dashers waste waiting for merchants to prepare food after arriving
- Own holiday and contingency planning for local premium merchant operations
- Support marketing initiatives at local premium merchants by making sure merchants and the fleet are able to fulfil extra demand
- Ensure that markets where Caviar operates are adequately supplied by working with Doordash supply teams
- Own dasher quality initiatives to drive differentiated outcomes for specific use cases
- Solve logistics problems that disproportionately impact urban, local premium markets such as vehicle type optimization, traffic, building entry, etc.
- Design and execute operational tests to inform business cases for product improvements
- You have 2-4 years of experience. You’ve successfully managed initiatives and driven results in high-performance cultures (whether in tech, software sales, strategy, operations, consulting, or a related experience); High-growth startup experience is a plus.
- You solve problems from first principles. You like being presented with a problem and coming up with a strategic and tactical plan in innovative ways—and you resist “this is how it’s always been done” thinking.
- You’re equally comfortable operating at 10,000 feet and 1 foot. You don’t hesitate to get in the weeds and operate at the lowest level of detail, but you’re just as comfortable thinking long-term and inspiring a team. No job is beneath you.
- You’re action-oriented. You have a bias towards action and driving results
- You’re unafraid of ambiguity. Rapid change and learning is exciting to you, and you thrive in ambiguous, startup environments
- You’re analytical. You let data win arguments, and you’re comfortable pulling your own data in SQL or modeling in Excel/Google Sheets.
- You’re a relationship-builder. You can influence and motivate people at all levels across a variety of functions
- 2-4 years of experience in management consulting, strategy, marketing, e-Commerce, or operations (high-growth or early-stage startup experience is a plus)
- Proven track record of executing initiatives, working cross-functionally, and delivering on results
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience in an environment that is product or consumer-focused
- Excellent analytical abilities (strong proficiency with Excel required; SQL preferred)
- We are leaders - Leadership is not limited to our management team. It’s something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies.
- We are doers - We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions that will lead our company and our industry is what we do -- on every project, every day.
- We are learners - We’re not afraid to dig in and uncover the truth, even if it’s scary or inconvenient. Everyone here is continually learning on the job, no matter if we’ve been in a role for one year or one minute.
- We are customer-obsessed - Our mission is to grow and empower local economies. We are committed to our customers, merchants, and dashers and believe in connecting people with possibility.
- We are all DoorDash - The magic of DoorDash is our people, together making our inspiring goals attainable and driving us to greater heights.
- We offer great compensation packages and comprehensive health benefits.
DoorDash is a technology company that connects customers with their favorite local and national businesses in over 4,000 cities and all 50 states across the United States and Canada. Founded in 2013, DoorDash empowers merchants to grow their businesses by offering on-demand delivery, data-driven insights, and better in-store efficiency, providing delightful experiences from door to door. By building the last-mile delivery infrastructure for local cities, DoorDash is bringing communities closer, one doorstep at a time. Read more on the DoorDash blog or at www.doordash.com.Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of the best and brightest from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.