Sustaining Operations Manager
Peloton is seeking a Sustaining Operations Manager to lead our efforts to help improve our existing Peloton products and to help drive new products into steady-state. This person will be responsible for planning, coordinating, and tracking cross-functional workstreams to ensure that improvements to our current products are being implemented and meet schedule, budget, and quality objectives, with preparedness across Hardware, Quality, Manufacturing, Supply Chain, Planning, Logistics, and Reverse Logistics functions. The ideal candidate has excellent program management and communication skills, meticulous attention to-detail, and the ability to juggle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Lead cross-functional sustaining operations processes to drive product changes and improvements, while achieving engagement and approval from key stakeholders and workstream owners
- Define program schedule, workstreams, milestones, deadlines, and dependencies, and ensure that critical decisions are made in a timely manner and sustaining changes are successfully implemented
- Identify, escalate, and manage risks associated with achieving project objectives including cost, timeline, capacity
- Develop and maintain roadmaps of sustaining product evolutions, and upcoming / planned changes to engineering, supply base, cost, or service
- Track and manage product revisions and associated implications, including possible changes to sku/model, supply base, compliance, service parts interchangeability, and maintenance / refurbishment SOPs
- Collaborate with Operations Project Manager for New Products to successfully transition new products from NPI to sustaining
- Project manage as necessary
- Maintain accuracy of product data, including BOMs, service part lists, manufacturing and assembly SOPs, and Supply Chain data
- 3+ years of Sustaining Operations or Product Development experience
- Ability to lead up, down, and laterally within the organization
- Proven proficiency in program management, and a track record of successfully coordinating cross-functional teams within a matrixed organization
- Excellent organizational skills and project management experience, showing ability to compile and manage project schedules
- Experience with Excel and Google Sheets required
- Ability to work independently and as a collaborative team member
- Desire to work in a fast-paced and rapidly-evolving environment, managing multiple work streams in parallel. Adaptability and comfort with change is critical
- Background in Engineering or Product Design preferred but not required
Founded in 2012, Peloton is a global interactive fitness platform that brings the energy and benefits of studio-style workouts to the convenience and comfort of home. We use technology and design to bring our Members immersive content through the Peloton Bike, the Peloton Tread, and Peloton Digital, which provide comprehensive, socially-connected fitness offerings anytime, anywhere. We believe in taking risks and challenging the status quo by continuously innovating and improving. Our team is made up of passionate brand ambassadors, and we know that together, we go far.
Headquartered in New York City, with offices, warehouses and retail showrooms in the US, UK and Canada, Peloton is changing the way people get fit. Peloton has been named to many prestigious industry lists, including Fast Company's Most Innovative Companies, CNBC's Disruptor 50, Crain's New York Business' Tech25 and Fast50, as well as TIME's Genius Companies. Visit www.onepeloton.com/careers to learn more about joining our team.