SVP of Operations at Stash
Stash is a digital-first financial services company committed to making saving and investing accessible to everyone. By breaking down barriers and building transparent, technology-driven products, we help the 99% build smarter financial habits so they can confidently save more, grow wealth, and enjoy life.
We are seeking a SVP of Operations to join our growing team. In this role, you’ll report to the Chief Revenue Officer and own the overall strategic direction for Platform, Banking, and Brokerage Operations at Stash.
Platform Operations: money movement, money processing, external account linking, account opening/closing, on-boarding, customer incidences, and third-party data providers.
Banking Operations: deposit accounts, rewards network, reconciliation, account crediting, error resolution, vendor monitoring, SLA management, account opening, account closing, customer account settings, document display, statements, and customer profiles.
Brokerage Operations: reconciliation, account crediting, error resolution, vendor monitoring, SLA management, account opening, account closing, customer account settings, document display, statements, and customer profiles.What you’ll do:
- Collect and collaborate on functional business requirements and goals, existing business dependencies and future platform direction to convert into architecture & high-level design plans
- Effectively communicate operational logical and/or physical design concepts to both technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Provide direction to and partner with cross-functional teams, including product and engineering, to drive delivery of future platform roadmap, including new payment channels, initiatives for new features, and optimization of existing features/functionality
- Responsible for all aspects of day to day processing, managing relationships with banks, processors, and for driving the adoption of new forms of payment/ tech implementation
- Leverage ongoing competitive, market, and user research to ensure decisions are based on sound use of both qualitative and quantitative data.Identify and track KPIs for each area of responsibility
- Experience working in the banking, brokerage or other financial services back office industry
- An understanding of the key elements of platform design and integration, their end-to-end flows, relevant enterprise, and industry solution architecture standard
- Experience managing and delivering large scale projects. Proven track record of managing end-to-end delivery to time, budget and quality requirements
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail and the ability to oversee multiple projects with tight deadlines
- Ability to set direction and delegate, then follow up as necessary to ensure the team meets project/program deliverables are being met
- Banking, brokerage or other financial services back office industry experience
We believe that diversity and inclusion are essential to living our values, promoting innovation, and building the best products out there. Our success is directly related to the employees that we hire, grow and retain and we believe that our team should reflect the diversity of the customers that we serve.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Stash is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by law. Everyone is encouraged to apply.
Benefits & Perks:
- Equity in Stash
- Flexible Vacation
- Family-Friendly Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance Plans
- Learning & Development Stipend
- Commuter Benefits and Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Employee referral bonuses
- Stocked fridges & kitchens and catered lunch on Fridays
- Thursday happy hours
- Team outings that do not involve trust falls...
Awards & Recognition:
- Forbes Fintech 50 Most Innovative Fintech Companies (2019)
- LendIt Fintech Innovator of the Year (2019)
- Built in NYC's Best Places to Work (2019)
- Built in NYC’s Startups to Watch (2018)
- Wall Street Journal's "Top 25 Tech Companies to Watch" in 2018
- MarCom Awards Double Gold & Platinum Winner (2018)
- Webby Award Winner for Best Mobile Sites & Apps in the Financial Services and Banking (2017)
- W3 Awards Winner for Best User Experience (2017)
**No recruiters, please.