Systems Administrator (IT Services) at Major League Baseball
We are looking for Systems Administrator to help administer and improve the many internal end-user facing SaaS applications that we manage.
- Day to Day administration of IT Services applications: Slack Enterprise Grid, Google G Suite (including Google Drive), Zoom, Atlassian Cloud (JIRA and Confluence), ServiceNow, Microsoft Office 365, list is not exhaustive.
- Incident response for all critical service interruptions and outages.
- Lead project delivery for new software or application implementations, changes, and improvements.
- Partner with MLB Information Security to implement security policies and software to ensure all MLB business applications and end users adhere to industry best practices around information security.
- Develop, document, and present recommended proposals including selection criteria, evaluation, analysis of options, and justifications for improvements to MLB internal client systems and applications.
- Assist with managing vendor relationships and negotiate favorable commercial terms and pricing for MLB and its affiliates.
- Other IT Services related tasks and duties as assigned.
- Experience with the deployment, administration and operations of Microsoft Office 365, Google G Suite (including Google Drive), Atlassian JIRA, Confluence and Crowd and other similar collaboration platforms
- Strong understanding of commonly used Windows and MacOS operating systems and associated hardware and software.
- An understanding of agile methodology (Scrum and Kanban).
- Continuous learner able to adapt quickly to new technologies in a challenging and high-growth environment.
- Tenacious problem solver who can make routine decisions as well as sound complex analysis in a fast-paced, highly technical environment.
- Powerful communicator, in both verbal and written form, able to articulate concepts and ideas, break through barriers, engage people, and work effectively with others under pressure.
- Ability to quickly establish credibility with multiple technical stakeholders, including executives, engineering, architecture, operations, security, quality assurance, etc.
- Must be able to work well autonomously at a self-directed pace.
- Able to treat confidential information in a discreet and appropriate manner.
- Able to work non-traditional hours, in non-traditional settings. This includes occasional weekends, evenings, and holidays as well as potential travel to industry events.