Systems Administrator (Systems Management) at Major League Baseball
We are looking for a knowledgeable Systems Administrator, Systems Management to centrally manage end-user devices using enterprise device management tools.
- Administer and optimize our use of enterprise device management tools; such as Microsoft SCCM, JAMF Pro, Microsoft Intune, VMWare AirWatch, and others.
- Manage system/endpoint resources including performance, capacity, availability, serviceability, and recoverability.
- Comply with organization systems administration standard operating procedures. Help implement and enforce acceptable usage policies and procedures.
- Create dashboards and reports to provide a clear status of device operating systems, application versions, and system health.
- Act as an escalation point to diagnose faulty system/endpoint hardware/software impacting multiple users. Troubleshoot hardware/software interface and interoperability problems related to deployed agents. Monitor and maintain system/endpoint configuration. Provide ongoing optimization and problem-solving support.
- Develop and document additional device management standard operating procedures and incident response playbooks. Plan, execute, and verify data redundancy and system recovery procedures.
- Partner with MLB Information Security on implementing new operational and technical security controls; and adhering to organizational security policies and procedures.
- Maintain cross-platform baseline system images security according to organizational policies. Ensure operating systems and applications are kept up to date and patched for performance and security with minimal end-user impact. Plan, execute, and verify deployment of corporate software packages.
- Install, configure, update, troubleshoot, and maintain Windows, macOS, and iOS configurations to ensure their confidentiality, integrity, and availability - to reduce support requests and security incidents.
- Help implement new access controls, identity policies, and administration procedures.Design group policies and access control to ensure compatibility with organizational standards, business rules, and needs.
- Assist with managing vendor relationships and negotiate favorable commercial terms and pricing for MLB and its affiliates.
- Other Technology Services-related tasks and duties as assigned.
- Must be able to work well autonomously at a self-directed pace.
- Able to work non-traditional hours, in non-traditional settings. This includes occasional weekends, evenings, and holidays as well as potential travel to industry events.
- Able to treat confidential information in a discreet and appropriate manner.
- Strong understanding of current Windows and macOS operating systems, kernel and user-land functions, associated hardware and software.
- Experience with the deployment, administration, and operations of popular systems management tools.
- Ability to quickly write and edit scripts in relevant languages: Windows Powershell, Bash, Python
- Ability to quickly establish credibility with multiple technical stakeholders, including executives, engineering, architecture, operations, security, quality assurance, etc.
- Powerful communicator, both verbal and written form, able to articulate concepts and ideas, engages people and work effectively with others under pressure.
- Continuous learner, able to adapt quickly to new technologies in a challenging and high-growth environment.
- Ability to apply an organization's goals and objectives to develop and maintain architecture.
- Ability to develop, update, and/or maintain standard operating procedures (SOPs).
- Ability to operate common network tools (e.g., ping, traceroute, nslookup).
- Ability to collaborate effectively with others.
- Ability to function effectively in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- Ability to apply cybersecurity and privacy principles to organizational requirements (relevant to confidentiality, integrity, availability, authentication, non-repudiation).
- Ability to establish and maintain automated security control assessments
- Minimum 3-5 years of relevant working experience.
- JAMF Certified Admin is a plus
- Microsoft Certified: Modern Desktop Administrator Associate, or equivalent is a plus