About The Opportunity
Grubhub is dedicated to connecting hungry diners with our wide network of restaurants across the country. Our innovative technology, easy-to-use platforms and streamlined delivery capabilities make us an industry leader today, and in the future of online food ordering.
We strive to create a workplace that reflects the diversity of our customers and the communities we serve. When you join our team, you become part of a community that works together to innovate, solve problems, take risks, grow, work hard and have a ton of fun in the process!
Why Work For Us
We have a fast-paced environment and that is what our teams thrive on. Grubhub believes in empowering people and offering opportunities for development, as well as professional growth. We value strong, positive relationships in all areas: with each other, our customers and our greater community. Want to be a part of a team of diverse collaborators in an authentically fun culture? If so, we want to talk to you - and hear what’s your favorite restaurant for food delivery!
Some Challenges You’ll Tackle
- Partner with software teams to understand & analyze some of the most interesting aspects of the Grubhub platform:
- Payment Processing. How do we process various payment instruments in a manner that is tolerant to payment processors being unavailable?
- Fraud Assessment. Is the order being paid for by a compromised credit card?
- Restaurant Health. Is this order destined for a restaurant that closed unexpectedly?
- Logistics Health. Is there a snowstorm preventing drivers from delivering food in a timely manner?
- Partner with our product engineers to understand the vision and how we define success. Use this knowledge to make informed design decisions in a manner conducive to evolution.
- Dig into our data-warehouse to make empirical decisions and question assumptions.
- Model current system and data-flow. Partner with software engineering to model future flows.
- Use your top notch communication skills to communicate with our team in small and large settings.
You Should Have
- You genuinely thrive in highly-collaborative environments. A critical aspect of this role is the ability to partner with software engineering teams and product teams to yield the best possible results.
- Understanding of distributed systems and complexities within an e-commerce platform operating at high-scale.
- Experience and proficiency in SQL.
- Prior experience writing software in a modern language (Java, C#, Python, etc.)
- BA/BS in Computer Science, Math, Physics, Engineering, Economics, Statistics or other technical field or an MS in quantitative discipline (Computer Science, Math, Physics, Engineering, Statistics or other technical field etc) or equivalent experience
And Of Course, Perks!
- Flexible PTO. Grubhub employees are provided a generous amount of time to recharge their batteries.
- Health and Wellness. We provide programs that support your overall well-being such as generous medical benefits, employee network groups, company-wide fitness challenges, and a comfortable and casual workplace! We also support our parents by offering 8 weeks of paid parent bonding time, a 4-week returnship program, and 6-8 weeks paid medical leave.
- Learning and Career Growth. Your personal and professional development is a priority at Grubhub. From day one, we empower you to lead and be an active participant in your career growth. We provide continuous learning opportunities, training, and coaching and mentorship programs.
- MealPerks. Who’s ready for some lunch? We provide our employees with a weekly Grubhub credit to enjoy and support local restaurants. We also offer company-wide meals several times a year to bring our Grubhub family together.
- Fun. Every Grubhub office has an employee-led Culture Crew that connects people through fun, meaningful events and initiatives. Some of our popular past events include: Wing-eating contests, Grubtoberfest, 5k Runs, Bring Your Child to Work Day, regular happy hours, and more!
- Social Impact. We believe in the importance of serving the communities that support our business. In addition, employees are given paid time off each year to support the causes that are important to them.
Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: DOL Poster. If you are applying for a job in the U.S. and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.