Systems Engineer - ElasticSearch
Yext is the leading Digital Knowledge Management (DKM) platform. Yext's mission is to give companies control over their brand experiences across the digital universe of maps, apps, search engines, voice assistants, and other intelligent services that drive consumer discovery, decision, and action. Today, thousands of businesses including brands like Taco Bell, Rite Aid, and Steward Health use the Yext Knowledge Engine™ to manage their digital knowledge in order to boost brand engagement, drive foot traffic, and increase sales.
We are looking for a Systems Engineer specializing in ElasticSearch to join the Yext Infrastructure team. Here you will be responsible for designing, maintaining and operating our ElasticSearch infrastructure. This includes working alongside our team of Systems Engineers, Network Engineers and Software Engineers to create bulletproof ElasticSearch services that power our core platform.
- Assume primary responsibility for Yext’s ElasticSearch infrastructure
- Design, implement and operate our production ElasticSearch infrastructure
- Consult with Software Engineering teams to advise on ES best practices
- Optimize ES system performance as workloads change
- Implement infrastructure supporting ES environment (Beats, Kafka, telemetry)
- Plan for capacity requirements in a growing environment
- Participate in an on-call rotation
- Extensive experience designing and operating ElasticSearch at scale
- Experience designing and utilizing telemetry for ES
- Familiar with ES ecosystem including Beats, plugins, cloud offerings, etc.
- Basic Linux administration including scripting (bash/python)
- Knowledge of configuration automation tools
- Functional knowledge of TCP/IP
- Ability to use Git
- Basic understanding of software development practices
- B.S in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or related field
- Experience in a SaaS environment
- A background in security
- Experience with service-oriented architectures
Compensation, Benefits & Perks
Yext offers the following exceptional benefits: competitive compensation, 401k, unlimited snacks, daily meal allowance, flexible hours/paid time off, and excellent health/dental/vision insurance. We treat our employees well and offer tremendous growth opportunities. Challenging work pushes our people to be creative in a casual environment that is caring, fun, and collaborative. We believe that when you have smart, happy people working together you can produce something special.
Yext has been named a Best Place to Work by Fortune and Great Place to Work® as well as a Best Workplace for Women. Yext is headquartered in New York City with offices in Berlin, Chicago, Dallas, Geneva, London, Paris, Tyson's Corner, San Francisco, Shanghai, and Tokyo. Learn more about the Yext team and culture on the muse, our website, and our blog.
Yext is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.