Systems/Data Analyst, Pricing
The Squarespace Pricing Team is responsible for implementing Global Pricing Strategies to improve the company’s financial performance. We are looking for a highly motivated Systems/Data Analyst to provide support to the Pricing function.
You will have the opportunity to be involved in varying business initiatives and will collaborate with colleagues across the organization to drive data driven decisions and impact. You have an entrepreneurial spirit and are excited to work in a new area of a business helping to shape its success. You will be supporting the Pricing and Finance teams to answer complex, data driven questions related to the company’s financial and operational performance as well as data used to build Pricing models.
We expect you to be a proactive member of the Pricing team, asking a lot of questions to learn on the job and grow along with the company.
This role reports to the Director, Pricing in our New York headquarters.
- Help support the Pricing team in developing pricing strategies and mathematical models
- Provide insights and own reporting, data validation, and presenting data in a format that allows the team and management to make strategic decisions
- Search, validate, and maintain data to develop reports and scorecards aligned to business needs and ongoing team initiatives
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to proactively identify business patterns through quantitative data analysis
- Collaborate with Data Science, Data Engineering and IT to evaluate the accuracy and completeness of data supporting pricing processes
- Collaborate closely with the Data Science and Analytics team to understand best company reporting standards on KPIs and build pricing dashboards
- Learn and understand how our data is organized and how best to keep data integrity
- 2 - 4 years experience in or supporting a Pricing, Revenue Optimization, or relevant operational support roles
- B.S. or M.S. degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems or a related area
- Experience working with complex datasets to evaluate business and financial performance.
- Basic knowledge of key Pricing, Marketing, Finance processes
- Advanced Excel/google sheets skills including pivots, vlookups, ability to build complex formulas
- Mastery of SQL and experience with BI reporting (i.e. Chart.io, Looker, Amplitude) and databases (dimensional and relational), including data ingestion. Python knowledge preferred
- Ability to transform large datasets into consumable data analysis and insights
- Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Strong ability to devise data-driven solutions to business problems
- Ability to drive impact by thoughtfully tackling open-ended problems
Squarespace makes beautiful products to help people with creative ideas succeed. By blending elegant design and sophisticated engineering, we empower millions of people — from individuals and local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the world’s most iconic businesses — to share their stories with the world. Squarespace’s team of more than 1,000 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin and Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Equity plan
- 401(k) plan with employer match
- Free lunch and snacks
- Dog-friendly workplace
- And more
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives and experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace and celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.