Team Lead, Customer Support at Squarespace
Squarespace is looking for a Customer Support Team Lead to lead a Support team of Advisors ensuring they have the tools to assist our customers in navigating our products while providing customers with an exceptional Squarespace experience. You will oversee the team’s daily responsibilities, including live chat and email support and ensure that your team is exceeding expectations when it comes to our agreed performance targets (pace, quality)
As a Customer Support Team Lead, you will communicate with the Senior Leadership team to understand and help influence the broader department strategy. You will also collaborate with your peers and communicate with partners on local or department-wide efficiency projects to increase efficiencies for customers and the business.
You will report to our Customer Operations Manager and be based in the New York office.
- Create a positive team culture. Manage your team’s adherence to company policies, performance expectations, and support metrics
- Stay current on Squarespace’s product developments and policies, and communicate with your team to support them through frequent changes
- Keep the team informed about the department and our goals. Help contextualize new programs to increase engagement and support. Surface the team’s feedback to promote agreement and collaboration with internal partners
- Write and provide team member feedback during bi-annual review cycles
- Foster a culture that values development. Encourage career development conversations in 1:1s, and find opportunities for your Advisors to work toward their career goals
- Partner with the Learning & Development team to coordinate training programs
- Help interview, hire, and onboard new Advisors
- Handle sensitive case escalations for the team, applying customer service skills to directly resolve complex cases and help frustrated customers
- Help with the support queues during peak chat and email hours as needed
- 2+ years of people management experience in a customer service environment
- Experience working with performance targets and motivating team members to exceed goals
- Background in writing and providing feedback
- Experience finding solutions for operational and people management challenges
Squarespace makes beautiful products to help people with creative ideas succeed. By blending elegant design and sophisticated engineering, we empower millions of people — from individuals and local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the world’s most iconic businesses — to share their stories with the world. Squarespace’s team of more than 1,000 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin and Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Up to 18 weeks of parental leave
- Equity plan
- 401(k) plan with employer match
- Free lunch and snacks
- Dog-friendly workplace in New York office
- Gender Affirmation Surgery
- Education reimbursement
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives and experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace and celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.