Team Lead, CX Operations at Rent the Runway
Rent the Runway (RTR) is transforming the way we get dressed by pioneering the world’s first Closet in the Cloud. Founded in 2009, RTR has disrupted the $2.4 trillion fashion industry by inspiring women with a more joyful, sustainable and financially-savvy way to feel their best every day. As the ultimate destination for circular fashion, the brand now offers infinite points of access to its shared closet via a fully customizable subscription to fashion, one-time rental or ownership. RTR offers designer apparel, accessories and home decor from 700+ brand partners and has built in-house proprietary technology and a one-of-a-kind reverse logistics operation. Under CEO and Co-Founder Jennifer Hyman’s leadership, RTR has been named to CNBC’s “Disruptor 50” five times in ten years, and has been placed on Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies list multiple times, while Hyman herself has been named to the “TIME 100” most influential people in the world and as one of People magazine’s “Women Changing the World.”About the Team:
The Customer Operations & Strategy team is responsible for the operational systems and programs that enable Rent the Runway to support customers efficiently at scale. This includes: tools & technology, business standards, GTM operations, knowledge & help-center content, and long-term CX strategy. Additionally, this team is responsible for the execution of key operations workstreams, many that are revenue-driving.About the Job:
The Customer Operations & Strategy team is responsible for executing customer-facing workflows (i.e. billing operations, fraud prevention, inventory recovery) and solving the most challenging customer escalations, billing operations, fraud prevention, inventory recovery, and claims. As a Customer Operations Lead you will manage and guide a team of associates responsible for execution of Customer Operations work.
In this role, you will manage a team of 8 - 12 Customer Operations Coordinators to meet team performance metrics. You will be responsible for continually improving workflows within your scope to deliver an excellent customer experience cost effectively. Additionally, you will serve a key cross-functional stakeholder, representing the Customer Experience team to key strategic partners in finance, operations, and engineering.
What You'll Do:
- Manage your team of 8-12 Customer Operations Coordinators
- Hold team accountable to all SLAs and performance metrics
- Represent the needs of the team to CX leadership & cross-functional stakeholders
- Ensure ad-hoc projects are completed on time
- Assist with especially sensitive escalations, as necessary
- Mentor and coach your team. You are expected to conduct weekly 1:1s and play an active role in the development of your team.
- Strategy & Operations
- Continually improve processes within your team’s scope, in an effort to deliver best-in-class customer experience as cost effectively as possible
- Act as a liaison for customer experience with key cross-functional stakeholders, advocating for Customer Operations and our customer
- Assist with CX deliverables req'd for pilots, new product launches, etc. on an as needed basis
What you need:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 3+ years in a customer centric support role
- At least one year of previous leadership experience or a demonstrated history of the ability to mentor, guide, and manage a team
- Proven ability to manage project cycle (assess needs, scope, execute, provide feedback)
- Strong communication skills, cross-functionally and to an audience
- Able to maintain a high level of service awareness at all times and understand the strategic importance of customer service to our organization
- Strong collaboration skills and ability to work well under ambiguous conditions
- Positive attitude and willingness to go above and beyond the stated duties
At Rent the Runway, we’re committed to the wellbeing of our employees, and aim to create a workplace that fosters both personal and professional growth. Our inclusive benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Paid Time Off including vacation, paid bereavement, and family sick leave - every employee needs time to take care of themselves and their family.
- Universal Paid Parental Leave for both parents + flexible return to work program - because we know your newest family member(s) deserve your undivided attention.
- Paid Sabbatical after 5 years of continuous service - Unplug, recharge, and have some fun!
- Exclusive employee subscription and rental discounts - to ensure you experience the magic of renting the runway (and give us valued feedback!).
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental, FSA and dependent care from day 1 of employment - Your health comes first and we’ve got you covered.
- 401k match - an investment in your future.
- Company wide events and outings - our team spirit is no joke - we know how to have fun!
Rent the Runway is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with applicable law, we prohibit discrimination against any applicant or employee based on any legally-recognized basis, including, but not limited to: race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, lactation, childbirth or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, age (40 and over), national origin or ancestry, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, genetic information (including testing and characteristics), veteran status, uniformed service member status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.