Technical Operations Associate, Branded Apps at Vimeo
As a Technical Operations Associate, you will be tasked with helping maintain our portfolio of over 700 apps across the platforms that we distribute to. This includes working cross-functionally with Technical Program Managers, Account Managers, our mobile engineering teams, and enterprise clients to ensure the clients apps are kept up-to-date with all the latest features. The ideal candidate is detail and process oriented, able to multitask, and communicate across teams.
You should be comfortable working with command line interfaces and have an understanding of the popular mobile and TV app platforms (iOS, tvOS, Android, etc). Communication skills and an almost strange desire for checklists are strongly desired traits.
In this role you will:
- Take code from development teams and generate app builds using command line tools
- Work within the various app store backends (Apple App Store, Google Play Store, etc) to ship regular updates to all apps
- Create, edit, and inspect JSON files
- Help identify areas of our process that can be improved through automation tools
- Consistently work to improve the speed and reliability of our Branded App delivery pipeline
- Improve and expand upon documentation related to app delivery specifications and methods
- Liaise with clients who have change requests or when they need to be informed about new features
What we're expecting:
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Expert technical troubleshooting skills
- Prior experience with command line tools
- Flexibility to manage technical issues outside of normal hours
- Strong familiarity with web and video streaming technology
- Ability to be self-directed and manage time effectively in a fast paced environment
- Cool as a cucumber under pressure
At Vimeo, our mission is to empower video creators to tell exceptional stories and connect with their audiences and communities. Home to more than 150 million members in over 150 countries, Vimeo is the world’s largest ad-free open video platform, providing powerful tools to host, share and sell videos in the highest quality possible.
We work hard to enable creators of all kinds to succeed, and to that end, we prioritize attracting diverse talent and cultivating an inclusive environment that encourages collaboration and creativity. We’re committed to building a company and a community where people thrive by being themselves and are inspired to do their best work every day.
Vimeo is based in New York City, with additional offices in Europe and India. Vimeo is an operating business of IAC (NASDAQ: IAC). Learn more at www.vimeo.com.