Technical Ops Specialist at Grubhub
As a Technical Operations Specialist you will support agency clients' customers, our restaurants, and internal teams across Grubhub. This role will provide the opportunity to own and master specialty areas, expand your knowledge and responsibilities, work on projects across various departments within the organization, and influence the optimization of our processes, all while helping customers and working with a tight-knit team. Technical Operation Specialists provide escalated user support and assist with operations for internal teams, acting as experts and mentors within the Support department at large.
The Impact You Will Make
- Customer Service : Focus on excellent customer service while troubleshooting and solving escalated issues
- Scripting : Process and execute common restaurant operations updates using command line arguments
- Deflect Care volume : Proactively monitor customer engagement with our platform to spot and investigate any unexpected fraudulent activity, issues with promotion redemptions, and other activity that could lead to Care volume
- Act as internal technical resource : Serve as an internal resource for deep product knowledge and collaborate across departments to identify and implement solutions to technical requests from end-users and internal teams
- Maintain internal knowledgebase : Maintain an up-to-date and comprehensive knowledge of the product and work with Documentarian to ensure internal knowledgebase is consistently updated
- Review and monitor alerts to identify, report on, and prevent activity and trends that may negatively affect restaurants, diners, and Care
- Peer review Grubhub Marketplace campaigns to ensure setup is executed as intended before campaign is enabled for end-users
- Monitor Grubhub locations with high cancelation rates and take followup action to pause, test, troubleshoot and restore locations as necessary
- Prioritize feature requests : Work with Product Management and Platform Engineering to prioritize internal feature requests by logging and grooming those requests in Jira
- Triage bugs : In weekly interdepartmental meetings, craft solutions to emergent problems with new features such as account siloing and campaign updates; proactively head off these issues as the voice of our largest clients and their userbases.
- Actively mentor junior agents and provide assistance in Slack
What You Bring to the Table
- 2-5 years experience in tech support, customer service, or another role that honed great people skills and problem solving
- Ability to juggle a variety of responsibilities, manage your time, and own projects
- Willingness to be a mentor and guide your peers
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to tailor messages to suit the audience
- Radiate awesomeness at all times: show a positive attitude and confidence, be team-oriented, have a sense of humor
And Of Course, Perks!
- Flexible PTO/PTO. Grubhub employees enjoy a generous amount of time to recharge.
- Health and Wellness. Excellent medical benefits, employee network groups and paid parental leave are just a few of our programs to support your overall well-being.
- Competitive Pay. You'll receive a competitive base salary with eligibility for generous incentives, bonuses, commission or RSUs (role-specific).
- Learning and Career Growth. Your personal and professional development is a priority at Grubhub. We empower you to be a leader and grow your career through training, coaching and mentorship opportunities.
- MealPerks. Get meals on us! Our employees get a weekly Grubhub credit to enjoy and support local restaurants.
- Fun. Every Grubhub office has an employee-led Culture Crew that connects people through fun, meaningful events and initiatives like Wellness Wednesdays, Slack competitions and virtual happy hours!
- Social Impact. At Grubhub we believe in giving back through programs like the Grubhub Community Relief Fund and donating $1 million to the Equal Justice Initiative in 2020. Employees are also given paid time off each year to support the causes that are important to them.
- COVID-19 Response. All of our employees are currently working from home and will be for the foreseeable future. We look forward to seeing everyone in-office when it's safe to return.
Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome diversity and encourage a workplace that is just as diverse as the customers we serve. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. If you're applying for a job in the U.S. and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an email to Talen[email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
CA Privacy Notice: If you are a resident of the State of California and would like a copy of our CA privacy notice, please email [email protected]