OpenWeb (formerly Spot.IM) is on a mission to increase the quality of conversations online. We build technologies that create thriving and engaged communities, reduce toxicity, and increase safety - improving the quality of civil discourse and supporting independent journalism. Today, OpenWeb works with more than 700 top-tier publishers (including News Corp, Verizon Media, CBS, Fox News, Hearst, Refinery 29 and more) and hosts 100 million monthly active users.
Founded in 2012, OpenWeb has over 100 employees between New York City and Tel Aviv. We are backed by world-class investors including Insight Partners, Index Ventures, AltaIR Capital, ScaleUp, and Norma Investments. Together, we are empowering individuals to take action, and demand more from one another. We’re crafting technology that naturally brings people together and fosters healthy discussion—so they have more dinner-table talks and less shouting matches online. It starts with us. Let’s take the web back from the trolls - together. Are you in?
How You’ll Contribute as our Technical Solutions Specialist:
- Act as the technical support expert for our digital publisher partners that have questions or technical issues with OpenWeb’s products and provide solutions and support via email, chat, and video sessions
- Quarterback product issues from reception through resolution by liaising with internal company teams while also setting expectations with our enterprise partners
- Manage company's support front-end ticketing system for incoming issue management, review product front-end code (HTML, CSS, JS) and share Tier-3 issues with product development teams in JIRA
- Analyze technical trends, recommend product and documentation enhancements, and actively contribute to our online community and knowledge base for current FAQ's and solutions
- Partner with OpenWeb's SVP of Partnerships to build out processes and document best practices for our new technical support organization
The Skills and Experience You Bring:
- Strong CSS + HTML skills with the ability to work independently and build projects using JS + React
- Prior experience troubleshooting web-based SaaS software and debug familiarity within modern web browsers such as IE, Chrome, Firefox and Safari
- Understanding of internet technologies including CDN and REST API’s
- Experience using ticketing and related troubleshooting software such as ZenDesk, JIRA, Salesforce, etc.
- Excellent and professional written/verbal communication and partner relationship management skills
- BS degree in MIS, Computer Science, or a related field is preferred, but not required
The OpenWeb Culture
We offer a dynamic and unconventional work environment that spans from NYC to Tel Aviv, bringing together a diverse group of world class and high-caliber techies, wordsmiths, entrepreneurs, and creative thinkers. We empower every individual across our global team to be a catalyst for change and strive to create a work environment where you can have the utmost autonomy over your role and projects, from start to finish. If you want to join an innovative tech company where you can challenge yourself, have the freedom to own your work, and make a lasting impact, then you have a spot within our growing community!
OpenWeb is committed to building diverse teams and upholding an equal employment workplace that is free from discrimination. We hire amazing individuals regardless of their race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, pregnancy, medical conditions, genetic information, disability, or Veteran status.
Build your skills with us as you build a better web for everyone. Join us!
Also, we care about your privacy! Please take a moment to review OpenWeb’s Privacy Practice