Technical Support Associate, OTT (LA-based) at Vimeo (Other, NY)
Vimeo OTT (https://vimeo.com/ott) helps video creators across genres, niche programmers, and major media partners grow thriving businesses. We enable the distribution and monetization of amazing content through our white-label websites and apps across platforms.
The Vimeo OTT Support team is dedicated to making sure all of our OTT sellers and their customers are getting the most out of the platform by providing a positive environment for technical troubleshooting and guidance. In this role, you will work directly with our Enterprise and self-serve customers, as well as their subscribers, to help with their technical and billing needs. You will work cross-functionally with the Product and Engineering teams, Account Management, and Solutions teams to provide information to help steer decisions as well as awareness about how the product is being used. As a Technical Support Associate on Vimeo OTT, you will support our sellers in a number of capacities, including: answering technical questions about Vimeo OTT, triaging and prioritizing platform improvements and issues, and answering high-priority phone calls.
What you’ll do:
- Provide fast, efficient email and phone support to Vimeo OTT sellers
- Troubleshoot and report technical issues specific to OTT sellers as it pertains to the platform, live streaming, branded apps, and analytics
- Help prospective sellers understand the benefits of OTT compared to other Vimeo products and/or other video hosting services
- Assist in communicating with our sellers on product updates with email campaigns, in-app messaging, and blog posts
- Create detailed OTT product documentation and video walkthroughs for sellers and internal teams
- Work with the Product, Engineering, Solutions, and Account Management teams to offer the best support possible to all tiers of our sellers
Skills & knowledge you should possess:
- 1-2+ years of experience in customer support
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Expert technical troubleshooting skills
- Flexibility to respond to support queues during nights and weekends
- Familiarity with the basics of web technology and video-streaming apps
- Self-directed and able to manage time effectively to meet deadlines
- Ability to work in high-pressure situations
Vimeo is the world’s leading professional video platform and community. We empower over 200 million users — from creatives to entrepreneurs to the world’s largest brands — to grow their business with video. Our products make it easy to create high-quality, impactful videos and to reach teams, audiences and customers anywhere.
Vimeo is powered by a growing team of over 650 passionate, dedicated humans. We’re headquartered in New York City with offices around the world. We believe our impact is greatest when our workforce represents the diverse and global community that we serve, and we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer where diversity, equity and inclusion is prioritized in how we build our products, leaders and culture. Learn more at www.vimeo.com/jobs.