Technical Support Engineer, Abstraction Technologies
Our mission is to serve cancer patients and our customers by dramatically improving treatment and accelerating research. We do this by organizing the world’s oncology information and making it useful for patients, physicians, life science companies, and investigators, in order to accelerate research and improve the quality of care.
Much of the available, real-world clinical data is unstructured and stored across thousands of disconnected community clinics, medical centers and hospitals. Our team builds Flatiron’s proprietary web-based platform used by our expert staff of oncology nurses and tumor registrars to extract key data points from clinical documents.
As a Technical Support Engineer, you will serve as the primary point of contact for our users as they utilize our platform to curate cancer data. This role is highly collaborative and focuses on ensuring our application is successfully empowering our users to work effectively. A Technical Support Engineer is self-motivated, can read and write code, and can handle a fast-paced environment while demonstrating excellent user empathy.
- Work with non-technical users to deeply understand reported issues, scenarios, and questions.
- Work with product and engineering teams to investigate, prioritize, track, and resolve application issues.
- Become a product expert and work cross-functionally across a wide variety of users and workflows.
- Use SQL and other data processing tools to answer users’ questions and make data updates and corrections.
- Build out documentation to support highly technical workflows.
- Partner with application engineers to manage the release process and ensure new features are well-tested and meet users’ needs.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Exceptional written and spoken communication skills and the ability to explain technical topics to non-technical audiences.
- Experience working with relational databases and SQL.
- Ability to develop hypotheses with limited information to quickly solve ambiguous or complex problems.
- Experience managing and communicating with stakeholders while driving issue resolution and advocating for users.
Nice to Have
- Experience working with agile scrum software engineering teams.
- Experience working with web applications and high-level languages like Python.