Technical Support Engineer at Squarespace
Squarespace is looking for a Technical Support Engineer who will help expand support for our technical product suite. It’s an exciting time at Squarespace as we ramp up channels of support for our developer users and expand our API offerings. We want someone who, like us, cares about understanding and supporting our technical users and partners. We’re looking for someone who will enjoy working with our technical product suite and contributing to the team through a mix of coding, customer communication, support, consultations, and content creation (blog posts, videos, technical documentation).
At Squarespace, our Technical Product Support team is a cross-department contact for technical issues spanning across our entire product suite. We partner with a variety of teams—From Engineering to debug and patch issues to Product teams to present developer user stories to improve the platform. You will help us support external developers who build with Squarespace products and consult businesses evaluating our offerings.
You will report to the Manager of Technical Product Support.
- Advise valued customers and business partners on best practices developing websites and integrations with Squarespace products
- Help troubleshoot advanced issues on the Squarespace consumer and Developer Platform
- Resolve technical issues by filing, managing, and evaluating bugs and improvements with Product and Engineering teams
- Support business-to-business (B2B) and business-to-consumer (B2C) inquiries through technical consultations, email, and persistent chats
- Advocate on behalf of the developer community by collecting and distilling user feedback to validate and influence product and engineering decisions
- Help maintain developer facing technical documentation and our Developer Portal
- Support our APIs, webhooks, OAuth product
- 2+ years of Development background (on-the-job experience preferred but open to development bootcamp grads)
- Experience with web development
- Experience working on issues needing understanding of APIs (REST, OAuth), microservices, and databases.
- Experience looking into unfamiliar code to gain insight into underlying issues
- Experience integrating and troubleshooting APIs
- Experience describing the structure, characteristics, and behavior of software to assorted team members who consume it
- You’re empathetic with the ability to put yourself in the customer’s shoes to figure out solutions that will best solve their needs or fix their issues
- You enjoy knowledge sharing, team collaboration, teaching and learning from others
- You enjoy making complex technical concepts accessible and understandable to all kinds of audiences
- You enjoy figuring things out and picking up new skills quickly—with a passion for learning how things work and how to use new technologies
Squarespace makes beautiful products to help people with creative ideas succeed. By blending elegant design and sophisticated engineering, we empower millions of people — from individuals and local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the world’s most iconic businesses — to share their stories with the world. Squarespace’s team of more than 1,200 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin, Los Angeles and Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
Benefits & Perks
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered for you and your dependent children
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Up to 20 weeks of paid family leave
- Equity plan for all employees
- Retirement benefits with employer match
- Fertility and adoption benefits
- Free lunch and snacks at all offices
- Education reimbursement
- Dog-friendly workplace in New York office
- Commuter benefit in the form of reduced tax (Ireland) and pretax (US)
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives and experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace and celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class protected by applicable law. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.