Technical Support Engineer at Braze
WHO WE ARE
Braze delivers customer experiences across email, mobile, SMS, and web. Customers, including Seamless, HBO, Disney, Urban Outfitters, and Venmo, use the Braze platform to facilitate real-time experiences between brands and consumers in a more authentic and human way. And we do it at scale – each month, tens of billions of messages are sent to a network of over 2 billion active users through Braze.
Need more proof? Braze was named a Leader in the Gartner Magic Quadrant for Mobile Marketing Platforms in 2019. The company has also been named on the Forbes Cloud 100, Inc. Magazine’s 2019 Best Places to Work, and Crain's 2019 Best Places to Work in NYC lists.
We are headquartered in New York with offices in London, San Francisco, Chicago, and Singapore. And we have over 500 employees and are growing!
WHAT YOU’LL DO
As a Technical Support Engineer, you will be an essential part of our Global Technical Support Team that owns the post-sale technical relationship with our customers.
Your focus will be to own, prioritize, troubleshoot, and build a response plan for complex inbound customer support issues relating to our platform. As part of our elite support engineering group, you will act as an escalation point helping your teammates in Support and Success with difficult and complex customer issues. You will also have the opportunity to be innovative and forward-thinking with time to create useful tools and documentation that will help our team and our clients be more successful and self-sufficient. Love looking at code? Great! You’ll get a chance to dive into our code base to perform data pull requests and bug fixes. You’ll be the “tip of the spear” in making our customers wildly successful with our platform!
WHO YOU ARE
People say you’re a great communicator and top-tier problem solver! You look for every opportunity to make things better and you’re all about the team. You get a thrill from helping customers and you know that even though the job isn’t easy, you’re making a difference each and every day. You’re naturally curious and you see every problem as an opportunity to learn more or help others (teammates or customers) learn more too.
WHAT YOU HAVE
- BS in Computer Science (or similar experience-based proficiency level)
- 2-3 years software development and/or debugging experience
- Excellent communication skills and customer-centric attitude
- Ability to be part of an “on call” after-hours rotation team
- Previous experience in a customer-facing role (Support, Solutions Consulting, etc.), specifically handling complex, time-sensitive escalated issues
- Talent for synthesizing complex ideas and communicating them in a way others can easily understand
- Technical domain knowledge of one or more of the following: SaaS, Mobile, APIs.
- Experience in mobile platforms (Android, iOS)
- Experience with most of the following: multithreaded coding, memory/performance debugging, UI development
WHAT WE OFFER
- Competitive compensation that includes equity
- Flexible time off policy to balance your work and life, including paid parental leave
- Free daily lunch, including snacks and beverages
- Competitive medical, dental, and vision coverage for you and your dependents
- Collaborative, transparent, and fun loving office culture
In addition, this position is exempt under the provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act.
If you are a California resident subject to the California Consumer Privacy Act, click here to understand how Braze processes your personal information and how you can exercise your rights.