Technical Support Engineer
Our mission is to serve cancer patients and our customers by dramatically improving treatment and accelerating research. Our team is building a disruptive, oncology-specific software platform that connects cancer centers across the world on a common technology infrastructure to address key healthcare challenges. Today, the Flatiron Health OncologyCloud™ platform includes the industry-leading electronic medical record for oncology, a first-of-its-kind analytics tool, patient portal, and integrated billing management. Our goal is to help cancer centers and life science companies leverage real-world oncology data at a scale and clinical depth never before seen, to advance cancer care and accelerate research.
Technical Support Engineers are the voice of the customer, bridging the gap between product, engineering, and client facing teams. This role is highly collaborative and focuses on ensuring a smooth client experience by tackling high priority issues and driving resolution of technical escalations. A Technical Support Engineer is self-motivated, can read and write code, and can handle a fast-paced environment.
- Own technical customer escalations and ensure application stability for Flatiron clients
- Become a product expert and work cross-functionally to drive issue resolution
- Work with product and engineering teams to investigate, prioritize, track, and resolve application issues through clearly defined steps for reproducibility, and recommended corrective actions/fixes.
- Use SQL and other data processing tools to understand feature usage and make informed decisions, and in own corrective procedures in instances that require data updates, edits or corrections.
- Use data analysis techniques to measure the impact of product defects.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Exceptional written and spoken communication skills and the ability to explain technical topics to non-technical audiences
- Ability to develop hypotheses with limited information to quickly solve ambiguous or complex problems
- Managing and communicating with stakeholders while driving issue resolution and advocating for clients
- Occasional travel
Nice to Have
- Previous professional experience in a medical field, particularly working with EMRs and/or medical billing software.
- Previous professional experience working with agile scrum software engineering teams
- Experience working with relational databases and SQL
- Experience working with web applications and high-level languages