As a Technical Support Engineer, you are an expert at solving customer problems. You’ll be part of an internal engineering team working with some of the largest and most advanced online performance marketers globally. You’ll be a vital component in ensuring world-class service to our customers.
This role comes with great responsibility and requires a variety of skills: you’ll serve as a vital link, translator and communicator between customers and our equally world-class product development team. Ideally, you love solving new problems and thrive in situations where there are several unknowns. Your heart beats for the customer and serving them with understanding and care. You will have the opportunity to work closely with the Engineering team that develops our web application, Customer teams that serve our clients, and directly with end customers through our 24/5 in-app support chat. Your major responsibility will be making sure that the problems you address will not resurface. As a result, you’ll make the customer’s life easier as well as improve our core product. None of your days will be quite alike – exciting times guaranteed!
We're constantly looking for great talents to this position.
>> Learn more about our company culture and how we work at smartly.io/culturehandbook
>> Browse open positions at smartly.io/careers
As a Technical Support Engineer at Smartly.io, you will
- Make sure that Smartly is known for the best-in-class service globally.
- Build technical expertise in Facebook products including Ads API, Pages, Platform and provide consultative guidance to businesses.
- Build technical expertise in Instagram & Pinterest and maintain a general awareness of other social channels Ads API as Smartly will continue to become multi-channel.
- Work with the technological challenges of world’s largest online advertisers.
- Help launch products including supporting Alpha and Beta programs.
- Handle support escalations.
- Quickly resolve advertiser issues, including campaign performance and product bugs.
- Perform tech-heavy investigations and resolve issues.
- Analyze, reproduce, prioritize, and document platform bugs.
- Improve documentation and help drive education about our platform.
- Help foster the product feedback loop through your experiences in support.
- Act with little direction and work quickly to identify and fix the root causes of problems.
- Assist and train your teammates in understanding & handling technical issues.
- Work with the nicest and brightest teammates in a flat organisation.
- Have a competitive salary + option plans.
- Recharge yourself with full 5 weeks of mandatory paid annual leave.
- Enjoy weekly breakfasts and Friday demos with beer
We're definitely looking for you, if you have
- A genuine interest in online marketing and willingness to push yourself to exceed your goals, and an ability to learn new things quickly.
- A passion for self-improvement and personal growth.
- 2-3 years of technical background from modern web technologies like React or AngularJS (our tech stack includes Ruby on Rails, Scala, React+Redux+Flow, Angular, PHP, MongoDB, Cassandra and PostgreSQL).
- 2-3 years technical support experience in a customer facing role.
- 2+ years experience in ad tech or online marketing industry.
- Always looking to improve and automate - being “lazy” with manual tasks is good quality.
- You can build your own tools to help you and rest of the team.
- Fluent spoken and written English, and a strong communicator
- Legal right to work in the US.
Who we are
Smartly.io is a fast-growing team of 330+ Humble Hungry Hunters. We are building a B2B SaaS product to fully automate and optimize online marketing at scale for the largest advertisers. We are a global company with 36 nationalities and footholds in 16 cities, serving 600+ brands, including eBay, Uber and TechStyle.
We are on a mission to make online advertising easy, efficient, and enjoyable across all major platforms. Easy as in automated, efficient as in constantly driving performance, and enjoyable through the best user experience and service in the market. We do this by combining creative automation, ad operations, and outstanding customer service to help brands scale their results – not headcount.
Great people choose us and stay with us because they like our company culture and how we tackle challenges of huge scale at speed. Learn more about how we work at smartly.io/culturehandbook.
Some things we're proud of:
- 94% of Smartlies recommend the company as a great place to work.
- 4.9/5 stars on Glassdoor.