WARNING: This Is Not Your Typical Tech Support Job!
Smartly.io’s Support culture is different. Everybody does Support at Smartly.io, and as a Technical Support Engineer, you will be one of its cardinal ambassadors.
Do you have a knack for solving complex problems? You will be part of an engineering team working to build the most advanced product support on the planet.
Questions we ask ourselves on a daily basis:
- How do we empower 400 employees and put them in the best conditions to support some of the largest and most advanced online performance marketers globally?
- How can we best share our technical knowledge with our peers, so that their troubleshooting skills can begin to approach our own?
This role comes with great responsibility and requires a variety of skills:
- You’ll serve as a vital liaison and translator between customers and our world-class product development team.
- Ideally, you love solving new problems and thrive in situations where there are several unknowns.
- We value candidates who are able to be very technical, while still simultaneously advocating for our support culture.
Some projects we are working on:
- How to shorten the loop between reported bugs and our engineering team and make them easier to reproduce?
- How to leverage the product feedback of our enterprise customers, better close the loop between them and our engineering team, and further enable faster development and iteration?
- What should we build to make it easier for everyone interacting with our tool to provide feedback?
- What is the best way to create a safe learning-by-doing environment for technical problems?
As a Technical Support Engineer at Smartly.io, you will..
- Ensure that Smartly.io is renowned globally for its best-in-class technical support and distinguished customer service
- Build technical expertise in Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, and other major social networks
- Work with the technological challenges of the world’s largest online advertisers, helping them to troubleshoot issues in an expedient and affable manner
- Help to launch products, including supporting alpha and beta features
- Resolve advertisers’ issues and identify product bugs using our internal troubleshooting tools
- Perform tech-heavy investigations and resolve complex support escalations
- Analyze, reproduce, prioritize, and document platform bugs
- Improve documentation and help drive education about our platform
- Help foster the product feedback loop through your experiences in support
- Act with little direction and work quickly to identify and fix the root causes of problems
- Assist and train your teammates in understanding and handling technical issues
- Work in a fast-paced environment while still delivering world class results for the customer
- Become known as a leader in solutions by employees across the organization
We're definitely looking for you, if you have...
- Are interested in working in a fast-paced, online marketing domain, have a willingness to push yourself to exceed your goals, and have an ability to learn new things quickly
- Have prior experience in technical/product support or software development in a customer-facing role or, at least, a genuine interest to work closely with customers and solve their problems
- Have a technical background in modern web technologies like React, AngularJS, or Node.js. Our tech stack includes Kubernetes, Ruby on Rails, Scala, React+Redux+Flow, Node.js+TypeScript, Python, PHP, PostgreSQL, MongoDB and Cassandra
- Are always looking to improve and automate - being “lazy” with manual tasks is a good quality. You can build your own tools to help yourself, along with the rest of the team
- Computer Science or Engineering related education, background, or work experience
- Fluency in spoken and written English
- Fluency in spoken and written Spanish is desired but not required.
Who we are
Powering beautifully effective ads - Smartly.io automates every step of social advertising to unlock greater performance and creativity.
We are a team of over 400 Smartlies, building a platform that automates creative production and ad buying at scale. We are #1 in social advertising, managing 2.5 billion euros in ad spend and serving more than 650 brands worldwide, including eBay, Uber and TechStyle. Our team has footholds in 17 cities around the world and represents 54 different nationalities.
We are growing fast and hiring for many interesting positions globally. Learn more at smartly.io/careers and smartly.io/culturehandbook.
– – –
Reasonable accommodation for people with disabilities
Smartly.io is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities or special needs in our job application procedures and working environment. If you need assistance or have any questions please contact us at [email protected]