Technical Support Manager at Haven Technologies
Haven Technologies has built deep capabilities in the life, annuity and disability insurance spaces. And now, our tech is your tech.
The same purpose-built platform and expertise that have helped us delight customers, transform complex, advisor-driven businesses, and launch groundbreaking products with speed are available to everyone as a SaaS offering. Insurance carriers can use our advanced solutions for new business, in-force management and product development.
But Haven Technologies is not just, well, all about technology. Our people and culture make our product. We believe magic happens when people have an opportunity to work with amazing colleagues and build things that matter.
As a team made of over 300+ dreamers, possibility-seekers and difference-makers, we are focused on taking on challenging problems to create simple, more accessible, and more customer centric solutions. We're located in New York's Flatiron District and in case you're wondering, yes, we provide free snacks. Cold brew too. If you're creative, professional and kind, we'd love to hear from you. Curious about what it’s like to work with us? Read about our culture and values here!
Let’s change the future of life insurance. Together.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
You will be joining our Operations team as a technical expert, providing effective and efficient oversight and direct hardware and software support across our growing organization. In your day-to-day, you will manage vendor relationships, provide excellent customer service, serve as the lead in-house technical solutions person, sand create and improve on processes that enable our team to do their best work.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Manage relationships with third party technical vendors such as IT Help Desk, computer procurement, AV equipment, printers, etc.
- Support and coordinate with our infrastructure team to manage network monitoring arrangement and handle onsite support for network room and wifi equipment.
- Handle hands-on support for on-premises equipment for standard daily system management.
- Support onboarding and offboarding for badge, machine, and account creation for all employees.
- Provide timely and excellent customer service for on-premises IT Help Desk support for new hires, VIP users, guests, ensuring quick turnaround.
- When required, be available beyond regular business hours to provide support as needed.
- 5+ years experience working in an IT/Technical Support role
- Demonstrated fortitude, patience and continuous improvement focus that’s required to thrive in a fast paced support or help desk environment
- Strong working knowledge of Windows and MAC operating systems
- Experience troubleshooting office hardware, such as laptops, desktops, printers, scanners, speakers, video conferencing solutions, etc.
- Solid technical background with an ability to give instructions to a non-technical audience
- Ability to quickly learn new technologies and software systems as they are introduced into our environment
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to identify broken processes and provide solutions
- Ability to work on-site in our New York City office primarily
- Authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship now or in the future
We have a stellar team of coworkers, a really cool office, and lots of fun activities. Oh yeah, and we pay competitive base salaries and we reward performance. Our salary structure is commensurate with experience. In addition, you will be eligible to participate in our comprehensive benefits program including medical insurance and 401(K).
We believe that one of the benefits to working here is our people and culture! We’re proud to share that we’ve been consistently named a top workplace by Great Places to Work (#11 Best Workplaces in New York, #15 Best Workplaces in Financial Services and Insurance) and BuiltIn (#2 Best Places to Work in NYC)!
The privacy of your personal information is important to us, click here to review our privacy notice.