Technical Support Specialist at Zocdoc
Zocdoc is the tech company at the beginning of a better healthcare experience. Every day, we are driven by our mission to give power to the patient, building products and services that simplify and streamline the overall healthcare journey for patients and providers, delivering the modern healthcare experience they expect and deserve.
Healthcare moves slow. We move fast. Patients deserve speed and convenience.
The safety and health of our employees is our top priority. As such, our return to office plan will follow a phased approach, working towards a hybrid model. Starting September 13 until the end of the year, our hybrid model will consist of two encouraged in-office days (Wednesday & Thursday); there will not be any mandatory return to office in 2021. Learn more about our return to office philosophy and plans here!
Your Impact on our Mission
As a Technical Support Specialist, you’ll be responsible for providing exceptional technical support to Zocdoc staff both remotely and on-site. You will be a key resource to all teams for technical requests and questions. You will proactively help to drive service delivery and improve IT Support products and services.
You’ll enjoy this role if you are…
- Someone who thrives in a fast paced environment and welcomes new challenges every day
- Passionate about supporting end users in a tech-forward environment
- Passionate about learning new things
- Interested in working collaboratively in a small and dynamic team
Your day to day is...
- Act as a key resource and IT specialist for technical requests and questions for all teams across Zocdoc
- Troubleshoot and support PC, software, and hardware issues remotely and on-site
- Take part in project work to proactively improve IT products and services
- Work collaboratively with our IT team and other technologists to help drive service delivery
You’ll be successful in this role if you have…
- Bachelor’s degree in computer related field or a mixture of IT-related certifications or relevant experience
- 2+ years experience in a progressively responsible technical support or helpdesk role
- Ability to identify common user experience issues and analyze root causes, delivering and implementing viable solutions at scale
- Experience with some of the following: G Suite Apps, Active Directory, JIRA, Confluence, Slack
- On-site and remote desktop troubleshooting skills for PC, software and hardware
- Experience supporting Macs in an enterprise environment, and with JAMF/JSS Suite
- Experience with MS Windows domain environment (Windows Server, Active Directory, LDAP, DHCP, license management, workstation imaging, access controls)
- Experience with Single Sign-On and Multi-Factor authentication
- Scripting experience (BASH, PowerShell, or similar) is a plus
Zocdoc is the country’s leading digital health marketplace that helps patients easily find and book the care they need. Each month, millions of patients use our free service to find nearby, in-network providers, compare choices based on verified patient reviews, and instantly book in-person or video visits online. Providers participate in Zocdoc’s Marketplace to reach new patients to grow their practice, fill their last-minute openings, and deliver a better healthcare experience. Founded in 2007 with a mission to give power to the patient, our work each day in pursuit of that mission is guided by our six core values. Zocdoc is a private company backed by some of the world’s leading investors, and we believe we’re still only scratching the surface of what we plan to accomplish.
Zocdoc is a mission-driven organization dedicated to building teams as diverse as the patients and providers we aim to serve. In the spirit of one of our core values - Together, Not Alone, we are a company that prides itself on being highly collaborative, and we believe that diverse perspectives, experiences and contributors make our community and our platform better. We’re an equal opportunity employer committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. Applicants are considered for employment regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or any other class protected by applicable laws.