(TEMP) Executive Assistant at Cityblock Health
Covid 19 Update - Please Read:
Cityblock requires those hired into this position to provide proof that they have received the COVID-19 vaccine. Any individuals subject to this requirement may submit for consideration a request to be exempted from the requirement (based on a valid religious or medical reason) on forms to be provided by Cityblock. Such requests will be subject to review and approval by the Company, and exemptions will be granted only if the Company can provide a reasonable accommodation in relation to the requested exemption. Note that approvals for reasonable accommodations are reviewed and approved on a case-by-case basis and availability of a reasonable accommodation is not guaranteed. This vaccination requirement is based, in part, on recently established government requirements. The requirement is also based on the safety and effectiveness of the vaccine in protecting against COVID-19, and our shared responsibility for the health and safety of members, colleagues, and community.
About Us: #communityhealth
Cityblock Health is the first tech-driven provider for communities with complex needs, bringing better care to where it’s needed most, block by block. Founded in 2017 on the premise that “health is local” and based in Brooklyn, we are backed by Alphabet’s Sidewalk Labs and some of the top healthcare investors in the country.
Our mission is to improve the health of underserved communities, one block at a time. Importantly, our solutions are designed specifically for Medicaid and lower-income Medicare beneficiaries, and we meet our members where they are—bringing care into the home and neighborhoods through our community-based care teams.
In close collaboration with community-based organizations, local providers, and leading health plans, we are reorganizing the health system to focus on what matters to our members. Equipped with world-class, custom care delivery technology, we deliver personalized primary care, behavioral health, and social services to deliver a radically better experience of care for every member and community we serve.
Over the next year, we’ll grow quickly to bring better care to many more members and their communities. We will get started in new markets, each with their own operating structure and care teams, and continue to grow in the communities where we are working already. To do this, we need people who, like us, believe that everyone should have good care for what matters to them, in their community.
Our work is grounded in a belief in the power of a diverse community. To deliver a radically better experience of care to our members and advance equity in the communities we serve, we strive to make our own team diverse and inclusive. Our ways of working are characterized by creativity, collaboration, and mutual learning that comes from bridging together a community from diverse backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to ensure that every person on the Cityblock team, and every Cityblock member, feels like they belong, are valued, respected, and celebrated as a part of our community.
- Aim for Understanding
- Be All In
- Bring Your Whole Self
- Lean Into Discomfort
- Put Members First
About the Role:
As an Executive Assistant at Cityblock, you’ll be challenged in a varied, fast-paced role. We’re seeking a detail-oriented, customer-service minded, and meticulous operator to lead logistics and schedules for several leadership team members. The ideal candidate is comfortable with heavy calendar management and high-volume meeting arrangement. Over-communication and proactive thinking is an asset in this role, along with a keen perception of people and situations. As our Executive Assistant, you’ll build strong relationships quickly, both internal and external to the company. You want to work for a company that is mission-driven, and centered around the individuals served.
Requirements for the Role:
- 3+ years of professional experience
- 2+ years of experience supporting executives in an EA capacity, or equivalent
- Proactively manage calendars, anticipate and resolve any scheduling conflicts or overlaps at the drop of a hat
- Handle confidential documents with discretion; facilitate and manage key documents across multiple workspaces that are crucial to our daily operations and contracting
- Draft, edit and organize presentations on behalf of executive as needed
- Assist with hiring process and onboarding of your executives’ team members
- Manage projects simultaneously, identifying gaps, and taking ownership of projects; compile and prepare material and agendas for team meetings
- Plan and coordinate logistics for executives’ team events including: holiday parties, social events, leadership offsites, and celebrating milestone events.
- Run all travel arrangements for executives as the need arises, and coordinate related logistics (air travel, rental car, hotels)
- Conduct research projects across across a variety of topics, as assigned
- Build strong rapport with our leadership team and Executive suite, developing a sharp sense of timing and priorities
How We Define Success: (these are specific to the role, and should tie to performance management)
- You have the ability to multitask in a busy environment
- You have superior oral and written communication skills
- You have strong attention to detail
- You are proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office and G Suite
- You have exceptional time management skills
- You exercise tact and good judgement, with an ability to interact with senior management
- You maintain discretion and confidentiality in all situations
- You can successfully work under pressure and tight deadlines
- You have strong problem solving skills and a “can do” attitude
- You’re a collaborative team player
Nice to Have, But Not Required:
- Previous startup, entrepreneurial environment experience
- Bachelor’s Degree
What We’d Like From You:
- A resume and/or LinkedIn profile
- A short cover letter
Cityblock values diversity as a core tenet of the work we do and the populations we serve. We are an equal opportunity employer, indiscriminate of race, religion, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other protected characteristic.
We do not accept unsolicited resumes from outside recruiters/placement agencies. Cityblock will not pay fees associated with resumes presented through unsolicited means.