Cityblock Health is the first tech-driven provider for communities with complex needs—bringing better care to where it’s needed most, block by block. Founded in 2017 on the premise that “health is local” and based in Brooklyn, we are backed by Alphabet’s Sidewalk Labs along with some of the top healthcare investors in the country.
Our mission is to improve the health of underserved communities. Importantly, our solutions are designed specifically for Medicaid and lower-income Medicare beneficiaries, and we meet our members where they are, bringing care into the home and neighborhoods through our community-based care teams and Virtual Care offerings.
In close collaboration with community-based organizations, local providers, and leading health plans, we are reorganizing the health system to focus on what matters to our members. Equipped with world-class, custom care delivery technology, we deliver personalized primary care, behavioral health, and social services to deliver a radically better experience of care for every member and community we serve.
Over the next year, we’ll grow quickly to bring better care to many more members and their communities. To do this, we need people who, like us, believe that everyone should have good care for what matters to them, in their community.
Our work is grounded in a belief in the power of a diverse community. To close gaps in care and advance equity in the communities we serve, we have to start with making our own team diverse and inclusive. Our ways of working are characterized by creativity, collaboration, and mutual learning that comes from bringing together a community from diverse backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to ensure that every person on the Cityblock team, and every Cityblock member, feels supported and included as a part of our community.
- Aim for Understanding
- Be All In
- Bring Your Whole Self
- Lean Into Discomfort
- Put Members First
About the Role:
We are seeking a talented Operations Associate, Credentialing & Licensing to help support the operations of the Credentialing & Licensing team as we scale. You will also support the build out of Cityblock’s hospital privileging and credentialing program at the local level, at hospitals and SNFs as well. You’ll work closely with our Market Ops, Clinical Ops, People Ops, and Compliance teams to support a best-in-class credentialing function at Cityblock. This is an exceptional opportunity for a process-oriented, personable, hungry self-starter who is interested in a cross-functional role at a young, rapidly scaling organization.
- Support the credentialing & licensing program across all Cityblock markets; clearly communicate status updates to internal stakeholders
- Partner closely with the Cityblock Markets and Clinical leadership to provide introductions to new providers and support as their primary point of contact in the credentialing & licensing application processes
- Support the team in Cityblock’s migration to a new licensing platform, targeted for July 1st. This will require detail-orientation, vendor management, and stakeholder management skills
- Be the primary interface between the Credentialing & Licensing function in Value Services and the Market teams to understand: prioritization of applications, triage & assess needs, and keep a close eye on any risks that need to be monitored
- Support the Credentialing & Licensing team in maintaining, tracking, and updating licensing records for providers
- Proactively raise and address flags where there are potential risks for markets based on licensing & credentialing progress
- Maintain an external-facing dashboard for stakeholders identifying required documents for the credentialing & licensing processes
- While majority of your time is expected to support the Credentialing & Licensing team members, you may also spend a portion of your time supporting other high-impact Value Services projects and operations
Requirements for the Role:
- You have 1-3 years of operations experience and/or experience working in early stage start-up environment
- You have the vision and desire to build foundational systems and processes and can create effective workarounds
- You’re a team player, and looking to get into a fast-moving startup environment
- You flourish in fast-paced environments, identifying your own opportunities for success and iterating tightly on feedback
- You are fiercely organized, a self-starter, and know how to prioritize your day
- You are an exceptional communicator and have a strong customer service mindset
- You don’t let details pass you by -- deeply detail oriented
- You work well under high pressure and have excellent time management
How We Define Success:
- Positive provider experience about their onboarding processes as well as new licensure/credentialing experience
- Clinical and market operations stakeholders have a clear understanding of where providers are in the process and where there are potential gaps. Contingencies are identified early in the process
- Structure and documentation is in place and maintained for internal and external stakeholders view
- Strong, trusting relationships built with partner counterparts
Nice to Have, But Not Required:
- Licensed Notary Public
- Experience with Google Suite
- Prior experience working in a start-up setting
- Some knowledge of licensing & credentialing functions
What We’d Like From You:
- A resume and/or LinkedIn profile
- A short cover letter, please!
Cityblock values diversity as a core tenet of the work we do and the populations we serve. We are an equal opportunity employer, indiscriminate of race, religion, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other protected characteristic.
We do not accept unsolicited resumes from outside recruiters/placement agencies. Cityblock will not pay fees associated with resumes presented through unsolicited means.