(TEMP) Vaccine Site Administrator at Cityblock Health
Covid 19 Update - Please Read:
Cityblock requires those hired into this position to provide proof that they have received the COVID-19 vaccine. Any individuals subject to this requirement may submit for consideration a request to be exempted from the requirement (based on a valid religious or medical reason) on forms to be provided by Cityblock. Such requests will be subject to review and approval by the Company, and exemptions will be granted only if the Company can provide a reasonable accommodation in relation to the requested exemption. Note that approvals for reasonable accommodations are reviewed and approved on a case-by-case basis and availability of a reasonable accommodation is not guaranteed. This vaccination requirement is based, in part, on recently established government requirements. The requirement is also based on the safety and effectiveness of the vaccine in protecting against COVID-19, and our shared responsibility for the health and safety of members, colleagues, and community.
Cityblock Health is the first tech-driven provider for communities with complex needs—bringing better care to where it’s needed most, block by block. Founded in 2017 on the premise that “health is local” and based in Brooklyn, we are backed by Alphabet’s Sidewalk Labs along with some of the top healthcare investors in the country.
Our mission is to improve the health of underserved communities, one block at a time. Importantly, our solutions are designed specifically for Medicaid and lower-income Medicare beneficiaries, and we meet our members where they are, bringing care into the home and neighborhoods through our community-based care teams.
In close collaboration with community-based organizations, local providers, and leading health plans, we are reorganizing the health system to focus on what matters to our members. Equipped with world-class, custom care delivery technology, we deliver personalized primary care, behavioral health, and social services to deliver a radically better experience of care for every member and community we serve.
Over the next year, we’ll grow quickly to bring better care to many more members and their communities. We will get started in new markets, each with their own operating structure and care teams, and continue to grow in the communities where we are working already. To do this, we need people who, like us, believe that everyone should have good care for what matters to them, in their community.
Our work is grounded in a belief in the power of a diverse community. To close gaps in care and advance equity in the communities we serve, we have to start with making our own team diverse and inclusive. Our ways of working are characterized by creativity, collaboration, and mutual learning that comes from bringing together a community from diverse backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to ensure that every person on the Cityblock team, and every Cityblock member, feels supported and included as a part of our community.
- Aim for Understanding
- Be All In
- Bring Your Whole Self
- Lean Into Discomfort
- Put Members First
About our Team:
We employ a field-based, home-based care model and are committed to meeting members where they are--in their homes, in their community, and in our Hubs. You will go above and beyond to connect with NYC Residents in a non-judgmental, respectful and empathic manner, to meet their needs, and to provide feedback to the system as a whole as we strive to do better every day.
About the Role:
- The site administrator will be responsible for the overall operations of the vaccination site, including:
- Staffing schedules and ensuring that the required operational and clinical oversight is in place for each shift
- Oversee office manager and the process for ordering vaccine supply and reconciling remaining quantity each week
- Ensure that vaccine storage and handling requirements are met and monitored on an ongoing basis
- Designing and modifying vaccination schedules to meet capacity requirements week over week.
- Act as the point of contact for any escalations during daily operations including eligibility for the vaccine.
- Work directly with the site’s clinical lead to insure clinical competencies of vaccination team members have been met, and any needed ongoing training is provided.
- Oversee all NYC Dept of Health reporting requirements
- Support in the ongoing hiring of vaccine site staff
- The site administrator will ensure that the vaccination center is operated safely and in compliance with City and State regulations
- Develop and maintain policies and procedures for the vaccination site to insure compliance with regulations
- Interact with officials from Department of Health, NYC Vaccine Command Center, and other relevant groups for questions or to confirm that required policies and procedures are in place
Requirements for the Role:
- You have an incredible level of attention to detail
- You are comfortable in fast paced environments and make special effort to avoid mistakes and errors.
- Positive, can-do attitude, willingness to roll up your sleeves, perspective that no job is “too big or too small”
- Ability to stand for long periods
- Ability to sit for long periods
- Available to work occasionally on weekends and evenings
- Commitment to deploy every dose
- Openness to jump into any role, no job too big or too small
- English proficiency
How We Define Success:
- Vaccine schedules are 80% full prior to shipment of doses for the week
- 95% of vaccine doses are used by the end of the 7 day window for dispensing
- Seamless operations with minimal wait times between patient vaccination appointments
- COVID safe environment with staff that are fully aware and engaged at all times
- Accurate documentation and eligibility verification of all patients
- Resident satisfaction with vaccine experience
Nice to Have, But Not Required:
- Experience working in emergency response or high stress situations
- Experience working with the public
- Experience working with people of diverse backgrounds
- Clinical degree
What We’d Like From You:
- A resume and/or LinkedIn profile
- A short cover letter
Cityblock values diversity as a core tenet of the work we do and the populations we serve. We are an equal opportunity employer, indiscriminate of race, religion, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other protected characteristic.
We do not accept unsolicited resumes from outside recruiters/placement agencies. Cityblock will not pay fees associated with resumes presented through unsolicited means.