Temporary Assistant to the CEO
WHO WE ARE:
Resy is a reservations platform, built and powered by restaurant lovers.
Launched in New York City in 2014, the company is co-founded by Ben Leventhal, co-founder of Eater.com; Michael Montero, co-founder and former CTO of CrowdTwist and current Techstars mentor; and Gary Vaynerchuk, noted social media expert, entrepreneur and investor. Other company leaders have deep experience in restaurants and hospitality, too.
Our mission is to power the world’s best restaurants, using technology to imagine the future of hospitality. With Resy, you’re an insider — and the amazing world of restaurants is just two taps away.
Rated as one of Built In NYC’s “100 Best Places to Work,” Resy is actively hiring in multiple cities. Come join our growing team!
ABOUT THE ROLE:
We are seeking a temporary Assistant to the CEO to fill in for an employee on leave. Your primary responsibility will be to provide outstanding service and support to our co-founder/CEO as our business continues to scale.
The assignment will start May 15 (flexible) and go through August 31. Working days are Monday - Friday, and working hours are 9:30 AM - 6:30 PM with a 1 hour lunch break. Willing applicants must be able to work the entirety of this assignment without interruption. Applicants must be based in New York City. You will be paid hourly.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Serve as an initial point of contact for our CEO and manage his day-to-day needs
- Respond to email correspondences, answer phone calls, and relay messages
- Maintain calendar, schedule meetings, and coordinate travel
- Assist with various projects, such as: one-off small events, production of branded collateral, and community engagement activities
- Help out with ad-hoc projects as they arise around the office
WHO YOU ARE:
- You are professional and polished
- You have a minimum of 2 years experience as an Executive Assistant, Personal Assistant or equivalent
- You have experience working in a fast paced, high-growth startup environment
- You are proficient with Google suite of products
- You have strong written and verbal communication skills
- You are highly organized with strong attention to detail
- You can juggle many tasks at once and know how to prioritize an ever-growing to-do list
- You possess a “no task is too big or too small” mentality and a willingness to help out any member of our team, no matter the ask
- You have a positive and professional disposition, operate with discretion, and remain calm under pressure
BIG PLUS IF YOU HAVE:
- A passion for restaurants and the hospitality industry
- Startup experience