Tier 4 Support Engineer at OwnBackup
Data loss can be devastating. Whether it’s caused by human error, bad code, rogue integrations, or malicious intent, all companies are at risk. OwnBackup is the #1 data backup, archiving, and sandbox seeding app on the Salesforce AppExchange. With over 3,000 customers, we are ranked #25 on Financial Times’ list of America’s fastest growing companies, and have raised $267.5 million in funding from Salesforce Ventures and others.
OwnBackup is looking for a passionate, dedicated, and highly motivated Tier IV Support Engineer to join our elite engineering team for a full-time position. As a Tier IV Support Engineer, you’ll work closely with our support team, DevOps engineers, the R&D organization, and product management to provide outstanding service to our customers.Your Day-to-Day Role
- Troubleshooting customer issues
- Identify workarounds solutions to the challenges customers are facing - either by explaining how the system should be used or by coming up with workarounds
- Work with R&D on investigating bugs and suggesting fixes
- Communicating solutions to customers, and to other teams in the company
- At least 3 years of experience as a Tier III Support Engineer, a Test Engineer, or as a Developer
- Proven technical troubleshooting skills
- Strong Linux / Unix proficiency - a MUST
- SQL knowledge - intermediate level queries
- Experience working with global teams
- Highly customer oriented
- Outstanding communication skills
- Strong sense of urgency
- Experience with Enterprise Software or B2B SaaS
- Programming skills - a strong advantage
- Working with Log systems - Kibana/Elasticsearch or equivalent
- Knowledge of Salesforce - a strong advantage
- Social, communicative and generally a nice person :)
This is a full-time position. The ideal candidate will work out of our New Jersey office to maximize interaction with business.
Here at OwnBackup, culture is as important as results, and a key part of our culture is our differences. As we scale to help all types of companies protect precious data, our team must reflect the diversity we serve. OwnBackup is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we believe that every employee in the company brings a unique perspective that they can and should contribute in order to make an impact every day. We strive to be one team, one culture, and one family that builds trust through transparency. We do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, protected veteran status or disability status. OwnBackup will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.A Bit About Us
Have a look at our market opportunity and read through the AppExchange reviews to get to know OwnBackup a little better. Founded in 2015, OwnBackup is backed by top-tier venture capital firms and Salesforce Ventures. The company has experienced 100% y/y growth, establishing early market dominance in a big addressable market. To put it in perspective OwnBackup has 2k customers and nearly all of Salesforce 150k customers are a potential fit to use our products. Given the company’s vision to be the leading Cloud Data Protection Platform, there are also plans to expand into other SaaS ecosystems in the company year.