Trust & Safety Lead at LeafLink
LeafLink is the regulated cannabis industry's largest wholesale marketplace, providing licensed dispensaries the ability to order from their favorite brands, as well as a suite of software tools for those brands to manage and scale their operations.
With thousands of retailers and thousands of brands across 26 territories in the US and Canada, we are setting the industry standard for how cannabis businesses grow together. LeafLink annually processes and manages more than $1 billion in wholesale cannabis orders - you can learn more about our history and path to $1B here http://firstbillion.leaflink.com/.
Our team, backed by funding from leading VC's, including Thrive Capital and Lerer Hippeau is poised to define the cannabis supply chain through technology. LeafLink was named one of Built In NYC's 'Best Places to Work in 2021', as well as one of Fast Company's 'Top 10 Most Innovative Companies in Enterprise for 2020', joining the ranks of Amazon, Slack, and VMWare - and we're just getting started!
At LeafLink, we work hard to earn our users’ trust every day, and gaining & retaining this trust is critically important to LeafLink’s success. LeafLink is seeking an experienced Trust & Safety Lead to join our Trust and Safety Operations team. Reporting directly to the Trust & Safety Manager, in this role, you will be an integral member of LeafLink’s Trust & Safety team and help LeafLink enable rapid compliant growth in a highly regulated space.
The Trust and Safety team is responsible for responding to escalations on the platform quickly, effectively and empathetically to ensure our Marketplace customers have a high quality and safe experience. The team is responsible for a variety of safety concerns for our community, including but not limited to: Know-Your-Business (KYB) policies for Marketplace participants, Enhanced Due Diligence (EDD) for clients of LeafLink Logistics & LeafLink Financial programs, fraud prevention and dispute investigation.
The Trust and Safety Lead will be responsible for the supervision and development of a team of Trust & Safety Investigators focused on the tactical operations for Know-Your-Business (KYB)/Know-Your-Customer (KYC), Enhanced Due Diligence (EDD), License Verification, Fraud Monitoring, Dispute Response and Policy Adherence. These workstreams will be a combination of reactive and proactive ticket queues, data analysis, and case management including escalations from any team within LeafLink. This role will also assist the Trust & Safety Manager with strategic planning, policy creation, process documentation, data analysis, and gathering requirements for tools, integrations, and automation.Responsibilities
- Lead tactical operations of Trust & Safety work streams including willingness to roll your sleeves up and work alongside Trust & Safety Investigators
- Manage intraday operational decisions to ensure we are adequately staffed and are within SLA for all of our work streams
- Assist in building the best Trust & Safety Team. Hire, grow and coach Trust & Safety Investigators
- Stay current on events and trends to identify potential risks and propose solutions and evolutions of our work before they become a problem
- Leverage data to make decisions that will move our Trust and Safety vision forward
- Responsible for management functions including new employee selection, employee development, performance evaluation, quality assurance, and policy adherence
- 2-5 years of experience in relevant fields such as Trust and Safety, Marketplace operations, Financial Crimes, fraud and/or risk operations environments
- 1+ years of relevant supervisory or direct management experience
- Strong interpersonal skills. Able to build partnerships and work with a wide range of stakeholders
- Experience at a regulated financial institution, fintech company, and/or payments processor
- Hands on knowledge of BSA/AML/OFAC compliance, KYC/EDD and Transaction Monitoring related workstreams
- Understanding of personal and commercial bank account terminology, ACH, and online and mobile payment systems
- A strong analytical and metrics driven approach to create substantiated solutions
- Ability to work in ambiguous conditions in a fast-growth, and complex environment
- Exceptional problem solving skills and experience dealing with sensitive policy or safety issues.
- You are able to identify issues both within and outside of your immediate scope, and propose & execute on solutions
- Flexible PTO to give our employees a little extra R&R when they need it
- Competitive compensation and 401k
- Comprehensive health coverage (medical, dental, vision)
- Commuter Benefits through a Flexible Spending Account
- A robust stock option plan to give our employees a direct stake in LeafLink’s success