Variable Compensation Manager at Kustomer
Kustomer is the omnichannel SaaS platform reimagining enterprise customer service to deliver standout experiences– not resolve tickets. Built with intelligent automation, Kustomer scales to meet the needs of any contact center and business by unifying data from multiple sources and enabling companies to deliver effortless, consistent and personalized service and support through a single timeline view.
Today, Kustomer is the core platform of some of the leading customer service brands like Ring, Rent the Runway, Glossier, Away, Glovo, and UNTUCKit. Headquartered in NYC, Kustomer was founded in 2015 by serial entrepreneurs Brad Birnbaum and Jeremy Suriel, raised over $173.5M in venture funding, and is backed by leading VCs including: Tiger Global Management, Battery Ventures, Redpoint Ventures, Cisco Investments, Canaan Partners, Boldstart Ventures and Social Leverage.
About the Role
This newly created Commissions Accounting Manager role will be reporting to the Company’s Assistant Controller and will be responsible for owning the Company’s variable compensation processes including preparing accurate commission & bonus calculations, managing the execution of plan documents, as well as enhancing, automating, and scaling commission-related processes. We are looking for someone who has a working understanding of SaaS compensation structures, systems and key metrics. The Commissions Manager will further build, automate and enhance the Company’s processes by providing greater visibility into both commission expense forecasting and payout details to recipients, as well as potentially implementing a commissions system.
You’ll be responsible for:
- Creating and maintaining commission calculation files for variable compensation plans, including those for the Sales, Marketing and Customer Success teams.
- Partnering with Revenue Operations, Sales, Customer Success, and Marketing leadership to document, distribute, and collect executed bonus/commission plans.
- Establishing an efficient process for providing detailed commission and bonus statements to employees.
- Partnering with the Finance and Revenue Operations teams to accurately incorporate bookings activity in commissions calculations, including evaluating contract terms which impact commission calculations.
- Assisting Revenue Operations and Finance leadership in the creation of SPIFF and/or promotional sales programs and reward tracking on an ad hoc basis.
- Ensuring accurate and timely payouts in accordance with terms of commission plans through effective communication with Sales and Finance leadership.
- Collaborating cross-functionally to enhance, automate and scale applicable processes, potentially including leading the implementation of a commissions system.
- Working with Revenue Operations on any commission discrepancies or questions.
- Providing support and clarity for Kustomer employees with questions concerning commission statements and payout.
- Preparing monthly journal entries and completing other month-end activities related to commission accounting.
- Completing ad hoc commission reporting, analysis, and other projects as needed.
- Deep understanding of sales compensation practices, SaaS-based compensation plan structures, procedures, and key metrics in a SaaS environment.
- Experience implementing a commission system (such as Xactly) is a plus.
- Strong understanding of and comfort with Salesforce.
- 5+ years of experience working on sales compensation administration & commission calculations, ideally in a role with direct responsibility for the preparation of sales commission calculations.
- Highly detailed oriented with strong analytical and organizational skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with the ability to work effectively with all levels of the organization ranging from staff to executives.
- Self-starter mentality with a high degree of follow through. You can own and take tasks through to completion.
- Able to multitask and prioritize workload to meet deadlines in a high-growth environment.
- Bachelor’s Degree Business Administration, Finance, Accounting or related field.
- Familiarity with ASC 606 / ASC 340-40 and other applicable accounting standards.
Kustomer offers an array of benefits including competitive salaries, stock options, 100% healthcare coverage, commuter benefits, and a flexible vacation policy.
Diversity & Inclusion at Kustomer
Kustomer is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, and do great work together.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, Veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
Learn More About Kustomer: