Redesign Health is a healthcare innovation platform. We bring together entrepreneurs, industry experts, and investors to launch companies that transform the healthcare system and empower people to live their healthiest lives. Our first companies include Candid, Lively, Ever/Body, and Vault Health. We’re capitalized with permanent capital from world-class institutional investors and entrepreneurs.
About the Role
Redesign Health is looking for a Venture Operations Lead. Working with our Head of Operations, you will be responsible for managing the day-to-day operations of the platform and positioning the platform to scale. Key components of this role will include implementing and managing systems and processes across a number of areas: shared services model and operating model, resourcing, office management and vendor relations, goal setting and accountability tracking, technology and platform investments, and more. The ideal candidate thrives in a highly cross-functional role, and is a systems thinker, proven executor, and strong communicator. This position will report to the Head of Operations at our NYC headquarters.Responsibilities:
- Redesign Platform
- Facilitate annual and quarterly goal setting across all functional teams within Redesign; develop methods to track and ensure accountability against these goals.
- Manage internal communication and productivity platforms (e.g. Slack).
- Partner with our Chief of Staff on enabling cross-portfolio community building, resource sharing, and collaboration.
- Partner with our Chief of Staff on planning and executing company offsites, events for our executive advisory board, founders’ dinners in collaboration with peer institutions, Redesign hosted conferences, etc.
- As needed, support our Strategy & Finance, Partnerships, Talent, and New Ventures teams on important studio-wide initiatives.
- Partner with our People team on onboarding and offboarding processes.
- Drive the implementation, adoption, and management of new enterprise technologies as well as existing investments such as our CRM, LMS (Learning Management Software), ATS (Applicant Tracking Software), etc.
- Shared Services & Operating Model
- Maintain and evolve Redesign’s operating budget, taking into account changes in our shared services model, growth plans, investment decisions, etc.
- Support the implementation of our shared services model, partnering with OpCo leadership to understand demand across various functional resources.
- Partner with functional leadership at Redesign to more clearly define and articulate our offerings.
- Develop a playbook for new OpCo leadership on how best to engage Redesign resources through the lifecycle of a company.
- Own and evolve our time tracking and resource allocation processes and tools.
- Office Management & Vendor Relations
- Develop relationships with vendors to identify and secure discounted pricing based on centralized procurement and economies of scale.
- Scale operational capacity (real estate strategy, office and vendor management, outsourcing decisions, etc.).
- Partner with our Office Manager to ensure seamless day-to-day office operations.
- 3 + years of experience in strategic operations, investment banking, and/or at a top-tier consulting firm.
- Experience working across cross-functional teams.
- Experience managing critical external relationships and negotiations with partners including vendors, suppliers, investors, and/or candidates.
- Experience in financial and quantitative analysis and presentation development.
- Systems thinker with meticulous attention to detail and excellent organizational skills.
- A bias toward informed action in situations with limited data.
- Entrepreneurial drive, excellent communication and interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to work in a fast paced, complex, and dynamic environment.
- Adaptable individual contributor with an ability to wear multiple hats and context switch constantly.
- High integrity team player with an ability to exhibit excellent judgment and composure in high-pressure situations.
- Expert proficiency in Excel/Google Spreadsheets and PowerPoint/Google Slides.
What Redesign is all about
Redesign’s mission is to empower people to live their healthiest lives by elevating patient experiences, increasing information transparency, and democratizing access to high-quality healthcare.
Our vision is to connect extraordinary people and ideas with capital and resources to create better healthcare solutions.
At Redesign, we value achieving results thoughtfully, quickly, and compassionately. To give a sense of what our team is all about, these are the values that guide our work:
- Solve for impact: Healthcare is complex and opaque, but we’re positioned to meet the challenge. If not us, then who?
- Patients first: We are all consumers of healthcare. We create real solutions for real needs.
- Outcome over egos: Our work is bigger than us. What we’re building together is greater than the sum of the parts.
- Bias for action: We move fast, but we’re deliberate. We don’t delay success or failure.
- Continuous learning: We seek feedback early and often. Iteration and insight allow us to connect the dots and are key to our process.
- Practice good intent: We take our work seriously, but we’re never too busy to be kind.
We are a proud Equal Opportunity Employer and want to hear from you regardless of your race, religion, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, veteran status, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We choose our team members based on merit and business needs. It's the right thing to do.