Renting a home is the world's oldest subscription service. People spend thousands of dollars every month for an experience that is outdated, inconvenient, analog, impersonal, and leaves a lot to be desired. Latch is working to make every building better, and while we've methodically executed this mission since our founding with great success, we're just getting started.
Leveraging our knowledge from companies like Apple, BCG, and IDEO, we’ve rethought how people interact with space. Latch delivers a full-building operating system designed to help owners, residents, and third parties like guests, couriers, and service providers, seamlessly experience the modern building. We’ve done this by combining software, devices, and services into a holistic platform that makes spaces more efficient, enjoyable, and profitable.
The next chapter of the Latch story will be our most exciting yet, and we’re looking for more talented team members to help fuel our growth.
Latch is seeking an inclusive and collaborative leader with a genuine curiosity for cutting edge technology and passion for helping others succeed to grow and manage our scaling Support teams. As the Vice President of Customer Support, you’ll oversee customer support and technical support teams who are responsible for all reactive customer support for both our hardware and software products. We are only successful because of our customers, and we are seeking an exceptional leader who will double down on customer centricity, use data to make informed decisions, and be both strategic and human in their management of the Support functions.
The position will report into the VP of Operations and you will partner closely with Operations Leadership to develop and execute our customer support strategy and to ensure continuous improvement of the customer experience and operational excellence.
- Lead and help scale a customer centric, motivated and high performing Support organization
- Drive the vision for the future of Support at Latch, and introduce innovative ways to support our customers with the goal of achieving the highest standards in customer satisfaction
- Ensure the teams meet and exceed our aggressive Support expectations, performing at or above industry leading targets including response time, resolution time, and customer satisfaction
- Develop infrastructure to ensure the teams scale in a cost effective and efficient manner, including focusing on process improvements and technological integrations
- Serve as the primary escalation point for Support questions or issues while working cross functionally across engineering, sales, product, and program to ensure successful customer outcomes
- Manage and oversee team of specialists that support point in time transactional services to drive value realization
- Detect emerging trends in customer experience, drivers of customer action, change in the agent experience, and articulate those qualified insights across stakeholder groups for strategic action
- Be the “Voice of the Customer” to the Product team to ensure we continue to evolve ways that align with the goals of our customers while also delivering long term solutions
- Maintain and advise on best practices for Zendesk
- 10+ years of professional experience scaling support within a SaaS organization - experience with Hardware is a plus
- Experience directly managing a high performing distributed team across time zones, with a minimum of 7+ years of people management experience
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written to accompany strong analytical skills.
- Ability to thrive and lead effectively in a highly dynamic, often ambiguous, and fast-paced environment
- High empathy for customers, passion for helping others, and ability to stay calm under pressure
- Proven track record of success in scaling Support teams and maintaining SLAs
- Zendesk experience required
Founded in 2014, Latch now has 300+ team members working to make spaces better places to live, work, and visit. Over half of our team members work in product development roles, and our team leverages established expertise in over 55 professional disciplines.
We offer unlimited Paid Time Off, a comprehensive benefits package, mental health support, and an environment where employees are surrounded by creative, empowered, and dynamic peers.
In conjunction with our core values: Contagious Determination, Humility, Trust, Inclusion, Action with Intent, and Privacy, we approach our work with care and a sense of duty, to make the world a better space.
We embrace diversity and strive to create an inclusive and equitable environment for all.
Applicant Privacy Notice