LeafLink is a SaaS marketplace platform that provides licensed cannabis dispensaries the ability to order from their favorite brands, as well as a suite of software tools for those brands to manage their operations and scale. With over 2,600+ dispensaries and more than 850+ leading brands in 15 states and territories. LeafLink is setting the industry standard for how cannabis brands and retailers work together. Our team, backed by funding from leading VC's, is poised to define the cannabis wholesale market. LeafLink was also just named one of Fast Company's 'Top 10 Most Innovative Companies in Enterprise' for 2018, joining the ranks of Amazon, Slack, and VMWare and we are hungry for more!
LeafLink seeks a Vice President of Operations to join our growing team in New York. This role will report directly to our Chief Executive Officer, working closely with team leaders on the Sales/Expansion, Client Experience, Marketing and Engineering teams across North America. The VP of Operations will primarily focus on designing and executing new strategic initiatives, aiding the team in financial reporting and basic project modeling as well as an openness to leading the charge on a number of other opportunities for our rapidly-scaling organization.
This role is for self-starters and entrepreneurial-minded individuals who believe execution is everything. You are a good fit for this position if you are a goal-oriented overachiever, inherently positive and direct individual willing to explore new paths that require rapid-learning.
- 5-10 years relevant experience in venture-backed startups, ideally from ground-up to late-stage series round companies
- Ability to quickly get up to speed and identify key issues to develop and execute a go-to-market strategy
- Understanding of business functions including, but not limited to launching Strategic Initiative, Revenue Lines, Human Resources, Finance and Marketing
- Design and implement business strategies, plans and procedures w/ exposure to legal counsel/documents, new teammate hiring and a wide range of vendors/consultants
- Ability to both work and lead a room, instilling excitement, positivity and a clear path to success, leading teammates to new levels of performance and dedication
- Skilled at working across teams and territories to align overall companies goals with unique challenges in new markets
- Experience in fundraising, e-commerce or SaaS-enabled marketplaces is a plus
- Knowledge and experience in the cannabis industry is a plus
- In-depth experience with Excel modeling and the Google/MS Office Suite
- Working knowledge of data analysis and performance/operation metrics
- Excel in fast-paced start-ups, excited by a rapidly changing industry
What You’ll Do:
- Analyze goals and metrics helping set comprehensive goals for performance and growth
- Write and submit plans, reporting and metrics to the CEO, including regular investor reporting
- Design and implement plans related to operational efficiency
- Aid in planning and monitoring daily business ops across our 6 offices, primarily focuses in our NY and LA co-HQ’s
- Explore opportunities related to scaling a b2b marketplace including, but not limited to shipping solutions/distribution, payments, advertising and marketing
- Establish policies that promote company culture and vision
- Maintain strong knowledge in the rapidly developing regulatory/legislative structures of the cannabis industry across all territories.
- Travel as needed, both domestically and internationally
- Healthcare + Flexible Vacation Policy
- Dynamic Office Environment, New Space in FiDi NYC
- Competitive Salary & Stock Options
- Team Events + Cool Swag