Video Support Manager at Vimeo
Vimeo is home to the world's most awe-inspiring videos and an amazingly vibrant community of creative professionals. We're also one of the leading providers of video hosting services to enthusiasts, creatives, and businesses alike.
Our advanced platform and passionate members are matched by an equally remarkable Support team who provide expert assistance on topics like video playback, compression, uploading, and embedding.
We’re looking for a problem solver with strong customer service skills to help support our customers with video playback issues. The Video Support manager will take on the important role of supporting customer inquiries for our prized asset, the Vimeo player. This position involves thoroughly investigating customer issues, reporting bugs with precision to engineering, creating internal and external support documentation, and educating colleagues on how to best support the full video delivery flow from upload and video compression through playback in the Vimeo player.
What you’ll do:
- Handle escalated support tickets, providing prompt, friendly, expert assistance to users.
- Provide user-facing help content (“Getting Started” guide, FAQs).
- Develop internal documentation and education material for other support agents on the technicalities of video delivery.
- Act as Support Team product liaison and user advocate for video technologies, including the uploading, transcoding, and video playback. Oversee successful prep of all new video technology product launches.
- Work with QA, engineering, and product teams to prioritize top issues impacting users.
Skills and knowledge you should possess:
- Experience troubleshooting complex technical issues involving video files and playback.
- Solid understanding of digital video/ audio compression codecs like H.264, ProRes, HEVC, and AAC.
- Knowledge of video delivery protocols (MPEG-DASH, HLS) over content delivery networks (CDN’s).
- Excellent written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Experience using a bug tracking system and ticketing technical issues (Jira, Github, Zendesk).
- Basic understanding of HTML and CSS.
- Experience using video editing programs (Premiere, Final Cut).
- Experience working in customer support and/or account management roles at a media company.
- Passion for new and emerging video technologies (HDR, 360 video, etc).
Vimeo is the world’s leading professional video platform and community. With over 175 million members across more than 150 countries, we help anyone grow their business by making it easy to create and market high-quality, impactful videos. Vimeo is headquartered in New York City with offices around the world, and is an operating business of IAC. Learn more at www.vimeo.com.