Cityblock Health is the first tech-driven provider for communities with complex needs—bringing better care to where it’s needed most, block by block. Founded in 2017 on the premise that “health is local” and based in Brooklyn, we are backed by Alphabet’s Sidewalk Labs along with some of the top healthcare investors in the country.
Our mission is to improve the health of underserved communities. Importantly, our solutions are designed specifically for Medicaid and lower-income Medicare beneficiaries, and we meet our members where they are, bringing care into the home and neighborhoods through our community-based care teams and Virtual Care offerings.
In close collaboration with community-based organizations, local providers, and leading health plans, we are reorganizing the health system to focus on what matters to our members. Equipped with world-class, custom care delivery technology, we deliver personalized primary care, behavioral health, and social services to deliver a radically better experience of care for every member and community we serve.
Over the next year, we’ll grow quickly to bring better care to many more members and their communities. To do this, we need people who, like us, believe that everyone should have good care for what matters to them, in their community.
Our work is grounded in a belief in the power of a diverse community. To close gaps in care and advance equity in the communities we serve, we have to start with making our own team diverse and inclusive. Our ways of working are characterized by creativity, collaboration, and mutual learning that comes from bringing together a community from diverse backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to ensure that every person on the Cityblock team, and every Cityblock member, feels supported and included as a part of our community.
- Aim for Understanding
- Be All In
- Bring Your Whole Self
- Lean Into Discomfort
- Put Members First
About our Team:
We employ a field-based, home-based care model and are committed to meeting members where they are--in their homes, in their community, and in our Hubs. You will go above and beyond to connect with Cityblock members in a non-judgmental, respectful and empathic manner, to meet their needs, and to provide feedback to the system as a whole as we strive to do better every day.
Cityblock delivers care where it works best for our members. In addition to our community-based teams, we’ve made our services even stronger for COVID-19 and beyond by adding a Community Rapid Response team and Virtual Care offerings, allowing our members to access care 24/7 via the phone, video, and text message.
As a part of the team, you’ll go above and beyond to connect with members across all of our markets in a respectful and empathic manner to meet their needs and to provide feedback to the system as a whole as we strive to do better every day.
About the Role:
The Mobile Integrated Care (MIC) team provides essential and high-value urgent and acute care services to support our members and their health outcomes. We currently offer three primary services, which are supported by a phenomenal cohort of clinicians including physicians, advanced practice clinicians (PAs/NPs), RNs, paramedics, and EMTs:
- Virtual urgent care: Video and telephone visits for urgent clinical and behavioral health needs, building out to 24/7 in the near-term
- Community Rapid Response (CRR): a team of paramedics and EMTs who can be rapidly deployed to our members’ homes with the virtual support of an emergency medicine provider, completing both urgent on-demand and scheduled visits
- EMT-assisted provider visits: a scheduled clinical visit program that pairs a virtual provider with an in-person EMT, allowing our members to see a provider via video call wherever they feel most comfortable
In this role, you will lead the day to day functions of a multidisciplinary team, supporting each of our clinical team members in meeting their goals; both for serving our members, and to ensure positive team experience and professional development. You will provide coaching, support, and direct supervision to our Community Rapid Response market leads (EMTs & Paramedics). For our entire clinical team, you will play a major role in developing onboarding and continuing education materials, and manage day to day ops for the team.
- Be a transformational team leader for a team of allied health professionals.
- Lead day to day operations of an interdisciplinary team, including team meetings, training, and coverage schedules.
- Build trusting relationships with both internal and external stakeholders.
- Provide guidance, coaching, and training around our model of Community Paramedicine and home based care.
- Lead onboarding for our new team members and ensure that team members are set up with the tools they need to support their work; develop ongoing trainings and continuing education for both MIC team members and market-based care teams.
- Develop feedback loops so we can incorporate provider feedback (within MIC and externally at Cityblock), and member feedback, to improve our services and operations; summarize and provide feedback to other leaders within MIC to drive initiatives.
- Act as a point person to coordinate initiatives with our market-based care teams.
- Go above and beyond to connect with people in a non-judgmental, respectful and empathic manner, to meet their needs, and to provide feedback to the system as a whole as we strive to do better every day.
Requirements for the Role:
- You have experience working in EMS as a paramedic, EMT, or other allied health professional
- You have experience leading the day-to-day operations of interdisciplinary teams
- You have direct experience supporting at-risk populations with complex needs
- You are an independent self-starter, leader, and strategic thinker who is excited about the big picture of whole community health, and the ongoing evaluation and iteration of our care model.
- You are excited about how technology can support your work and help drive the ongoing evaluation toward new, better, care.
- You are proficient at google suite and slack and are able to easily adapt to new technologies.
- Training in Motivational Interviewing and Conflict Resolution
Nice to Have, But Not Required:
- Experience in Community Paramedicine
- Experience using technology including google suite, slack, EMS dispatch softwares, and EHRs
- Training in problem-solving therapy
- Multi-lingual and bicultural
What We’d Like From You:
- A resume and/or LinkedIn profile
- A short cover letter, please!
Cityblock values diversity as a core tenet of the work we do and the populations we serve. We are an equal opportunity employer, indiscriminate of race, religion, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other protected characteristic.
We do not accept unsolicited resumes from outside recruiters/placement agencies. Cityblock will not pay fees associated with resumes presented through unsolicited means.