Cityblock Health is the first tech-driven provider for communities with complex needs—bringing better care to where it’s needed most, block by block. Founded in 2017 on the premise that “health is local” and based in Brooklyn, we are backed by Alphabet’s Sidewalk Labs along with some of the top healthcare investors in the country.
Our mission is to improve the health of underserved communities. Importantly, our solutions are designed specifically for Medicaid and lower-income Medicare beneficiaries, and we meet our members where they are, bringing care into the home and neighborhoods through our community-based care teams and Virtual Care offerings.
In close collaboration with community-based organizations, local providers, and leading health plans, we are reorganizing the health system to focus on what matters to our members. Equipped with world-class, custom care delivery technology, we deliver personalized primary care, behavioral health, and social services to deliver a radically better experience of care for every member and community we serve.
Over the next year, we’ll grow quickly to bring better care to many more members and their communities. To do this, we need people who, like us, believe that everyone should have good care for what matters to them, in their community.
Our work is grounded in a belief in the power of a diverse community. To close gaps in care and advance equity in the communities we serve, we have to start with making our own team diverse and inclusive. Our ways of working are characterized by creativity, collaboration, and mutual learning that comes from bringing together a community from diverse backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to ensure that every person on the Cityblock team, and every Cityblock member, feels supported and included as a part of our community.
- Aim for Understanding
- Be All In
- Bring Your Whole Self
- Lean Into Discomfort
- Put Members First
About our Team:
We employ a field-based, home-based care model and are committed to meeting members where they are--in their homes, in their community, and in our Hubs. You will go above and beyond to connect with Cityblock members in a non-judgmental, respectful and empathic manner, to meet their needs, and to provide feedback to the system as a whole as we strive to do better every day.
Cityblock delivers care where it works best for our members. In addition to our community-based teams, we’ve made our services even stronger for COVID-19 and beyond by adding a Community Rapid Response team and Virtual Care offerings, allowing our members to access care 24/7 via the phone, video, and text message.
As a part of the team, you’ll go above and beyond to connect with members across all of our markets in a respectful and empathic manner to meet their needs and to provide feedback to the system as a whole as we strive to do better every day.
About the Role:
Through an innovative model combining virtual provider visits with an allied health professional (often EMTs or Paramedics) in the home, you will meet Cityblock members where they are to provide care. In this virtual role, you and the field team of allied health professionals will work to deeply understand our members’ medical, social, and behavioral health needs. You will conduct visits virtually with our members to understand their burden of illness and accurately capture their state of health in documentation.
- You will work in a radically different model of healthcare
- Expect collaboration, shared-decision making, and partnership across clinical and non-clinical care team members
- Partner closely with a field team of allied health professionals who will be in the members’ homes while you join virtually; they will conduct point of care physical assessments under your guidance while you obtain a robust history and develop a course of treatment
- Initiate and ensure seamless handoffs with other members of the care team for longitudinal care needs
- Foster trusting relationships with individuals, their families and caregivers, and communities
- Identify and solution on opportunities for innovation and improvement in how we deliver care
- Go above and beyond to connect with people in a non-judgmental, respectful and empathic manner, to meet their needs, and to provide feedback to the system as a whole as we strive to do better every day
Requirements for the Role:
- You have experience providing primary care to a panel of adults with complex medical, social and/or behavioral health conditions
- You are a Board-Certified Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant with an unrestricted license to practice in at least one state that Cityblock serves, and are open to obtaining licenses in all of our other markets (we will assist in this process)
- You have at least 3 years of experience as a licensed Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant
- Active DEA Controlled Substance Registration or eligible for application
- Certified in Basic Life Support
- Maintenance of professional credentialing and CME standards
- Work a full-time 40 hour week, Monday-Friday 9am to 5pm ET consisting of team meetings, case conference, supervision, and clinical and co-visits. You may have an occasional Saturday, Sunday and virtual on-call schedule
- You are passionate about the growing role innovative technology can play in improving access to care and care delivery
- You are passionate about tackling the issue of healthcare inequity
- You are an independent self-starter, a leader, and a strategic thinker who is excited about the big picture of whole health, and the ongoing evaluation and iteration of our care model
- You have experience working within an interdisciplinary team
- You are comfortable working in a tech-heavy environment
How We Define Success:
- Complete comprehensive provider visits with new Cityblock-assigned members. Identify core member needs the Cityblock team will address to improve health outcomes and decrease total cost of care
- Meet evolving monthly and quarterly targets for visits with Cityblock members
- Collaborate with other providers at Cityblock and externally
- Engage in target setting for new clinical initiatives and managing those targets
- Member and provider satisfaction scores
- Timely documentation and loop closure with primary team
Nice to Have, But Not Required:
- Experience in managed care clinical intakes
- Experience in community-based care
- Experience providing telemedicine services, either over chat, video or phone
- Experience utilizing bedside ultrasound
- Cross-licenced in multiple states (highest priority for NY, MA)
What We’d Like From You:
- A resume and/or LinkedIn profile
- A short cover letter, please!
Cityblock values diversity as a core tenet of the work we do and the populations we serve. We are an equal opportunity employer, indiscriminate of race, religion, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other protected characteristic.
We do not accept unsolicited resumes from outside recruiters/placement agencies. Cityblock will not pay fees associated with resumes presented through unsolicited means.