Cityblock Health is the first tech-driven provider for communities with complex needs—bringing better care to where it’s needed most, block by block. Founded in 2017 on the premise that “health is local” and based in Brooklyn, we are backed by Alphabet’s Sidewalk Labs along with some of the top healthcare investors in the country.
Our mission is to improve the health of underserved communities. Importantly, our solutions are designed specifically for Medicaid and lower-income Medicare beneficiaries, and we meet our members where they are, bringing care into the home and neighborhoods through our community-based care teams and Virtual Care offerings.
In close collaboration with community-based organizations, local providers, and leading health plans, we are reorganizing the health system to focus on what matters to our members. Equipped with world-class, custom care delivery technology, we deliver personalized primary care, behavioral health, and social services to deliver a radically better experience of care for every member and community we serve.
Over the next year, we’ll grow quickly to bring better care to many more members and their communities. To do this, we need people who, like us, believe that everyone should have good care for what matters to them, in their community.
Our work is grounded in a belief in the power of a diverse community. To close gaps in care and advance equity in the communities we serve, we have to start with making our own team diverse and inclusive. Our ways of working are characterized by creativity, collaboration, and mutual learning that comes from bringing together a community from diverse backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to ensure that every person on the Cityblock team, and every Cityblock member, feels supported and included as a part of our community.
- Aim for Understanding
- Be All In
- Bring Your Whole Self
- Lean Into Discomfort
- Put Members First
About our Team:
We employ a field-based, home-based care model and are committed to meeting members where they are--in their homes, in their community, and in our Hubs. You will go above and beyond to connect with Cityblock members in a non-judgmental, respectful and empathic manner, to meet their needs, and to provide feedback to the system as a whole as we strive to do better every day.
Cityblock delivers care where it works best for our members. In addition to our community-based teams, we’ve made our services even stronger for COVID-19 and beyond by adding a Community Rapid Response team and Virtual Care offerings, allowing our members to access care 24/7 via the phone, video, and text message.
As a part of the team, you’ll go above and beyond to connect with members across all of our markets in a respectful and empathic manner to meet their needs and to provide feedback to the system as a whole as we strive to do better every day.
About the Role:
In this role, you will provide service digitally to Cityblock members as part of our innovative care model. You will help us in meeting members where they are by providing Cityblock care to our members virtually. As a Virtual Primary Care Physician, you will work with a panel of members as part of a tailored interdisciplinary team, leading the development and delivery of our care model and improving the health and wellbeing of our members. (Location flexible)
- Provide virtual care to members, including urgent care response, diagnosis, treatment, counseling, medication management, acute triage and follow up care
- Partner with other members of the care team, providing physical health clinical support and collaborating closely with Nurses and Behavioral Health Specialists, among others
- Foster trusting relationships with individuals, their families and caregivers, and communities
- Partner with our product team to iterate and deliver a seamless experience that exceeds our member’s expectations
- Go above and beyond to connect with people in a non-judgmental, respectful and empathic manner, to meet their needs, and to provide feedback to the system as a whole as we strive to do better every day
Requirements for the Role:
- Work a full-time 40 hour week, Monday-Friday 9am to 5pm ET consisting of team meetings, case conference, supervision, phone and video visits. You may have an occasional Saturday and virtual on-call schedule
- You are an MD or DO Board Certified in Internal Medicine, Family Medicine, or Medicine-Pediatrics with an unrestricted license to practice
- You are passionate about the growing role innovative technology can play in improving access to care and care delivery
- You are an independent self-starter, a leader, and a strategic thinker who is excited about the big picture of whole health, and the ongoing evaluation and iteration of our care model
- You have experience working within an interdisciplinary team
How We Define Success:
- Manage a complex population of members in a collaborative, interdisciplinary team model
- Ensure members under your care receive appropriate care for acute and chronic diseases, including following ED visits and acute admissions
- Address all patients long and short-term health needs, ultimately to prevent avoidable hospital and Emergency Department visits
- Collaborates with other providers at Cityblock and externally
- Meet monthly and quarterly targets for visits with Cityblock members
- Engage in target setting for new clinical initiatives and managing those targets
- Active participation in virtual model development, redesign, and innovation
Nice to Have, But Not Required:
- Experience providing telemedicine services, either over chat, video or phone
- Comfort using new technologies in healthcare
- Interest or experience in healthcare assessments and evaluation
- Interest or experience in analysis of healthcare data
What We’d Like From You:
- A resume and/or LinkedIn profile
- A short cover letter, please!
Cityblock values diversity as a core tenet of the work we do and the populations we serve. We are an equal opportunity employer, indiscriminate of race, religion, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other protected characteristic.
We do not accept unsolicited resumes from outside recruiters/placement agencies. Cityblock will not pay fees associated with resumes presented through unsolicited means.