VP of Expansion and Strategy
As VP of Expansion and Strategy, you will lead one of the most critical growth levers for Compass - launching Compass into new markets and opening new offices in all of our existing markets. We have incredibly ambitious 2019 growth plans - both domestically and internationally - and are looking for a senior leader to drive us forward here.
You will own everything about bringing Compass to a new market: where we should go, the best way to enter that market, management of newly launched markets, and the full corporate real estate team that finds, signs, plans, builds, and delivers each of our new offices. This role will require significant work with all of Compass’s senior leadership team, as expansion impacts every part of the business from finance to HR to legal to product.
This role will require willingness to travel up to ~25% of the time.
At Compass You Will:
- Manage a team of strategy, expansion management, and real estate professionals to deliver on our ambitious growth and expansion goals
- Guide and operationalize key strategic decisions for new Compass cities
- Be the ultimate manager of all of our newly launched regions until we transition to the ops org
- Help drive the company roadmap by figuring out what products and services would help elevate new Compass markets
- Manage P&L for the launch and approve major expense items; work directly with HQ and company COO on reporting and financial planning topics
- Drive process improvement across all regional departments
- Make hiring decisions and own operational org chart
What We're Looking For:
- 15+ years of experience building and leading world-class teams with a clear track record for combining speed with operational excellence
- Deep experience in a high-growth environment essential
- Excellent balance of EQ, IQ, and judgement skills
- Ability to immediately gain respect from top real estate industry professionals
- Mentality that drives a balance between speed of execution and process building for scale
- Experience with international new business growth or launch a serious plus
- Solution-oriented mindset and positive work approach a necessity
- Excellent communicator who can effectively manage multiple cross-functional stakeholders
- Charisma without ego and a natural ability to connect with others
At Compass, our mission is to help everyone find their place in the world. This means we continually celebrate the diverse community different individuals cultivate. As an equal opportunity employer, we stay true to our mission by ensuring that our place can be anyone’s place.