VP, Learning & Development at Latch
Renting a home is the world's oldest subscription service. People spend thousands of dollars every month for an experience that is outdated, inconvenient, analog, impersonal, and leaves a lot to be desired. Latch is working to make every building better, and while we've methodically executed this mission since our founding with great success, we're just getting started.
Leveraging our knowledge from companies like Apple, BCG, and IDEO, we’ve rethought how people interact with space. Latch delivers a full-building operating system designed to help owners, residents, and third parties like guests, couriers, and service providers, seamlessly experience the modern building. We’ve done this by combining software, devices, and services into a holistic platform that makes spaces more efficient, enjoyable, and profitable.
The next chapter of the Latch story will be our most exciting yet, and we’re looking for more talented team members to help fuel our growth.
The VP, Learning & Development will be responsible for creating a learning culture at Latch through needs assessments, career planning and focussed development programs for all levels of our talent globally. Working closely with each leader, the VP, L&D will ensure that employees understand the career path available to them and how to get there.
- Analyze and understand existing development gaps and identify learning & development program needs company wide
- Partner with senior leaders and the People Team to understand the specific skills required of managers, leaders and executives. Provide thought leadership on a leadership model to be incorporated into all aspects of our people processes and program
- Design and deliver a suite of highly effective solutions, with close alignment to the business OKRs, that elevates management & leadership capability and organizational performance. Solutions should be blended and may include formal learning programs, experiential learning assignments, online learning tools, assessments and feedback, coaching, etc.
- Develop and implement communication plans that engage people in management & leadership development solutions
- Implement comprehensive evaluation strategies aligned to key people metrics
- Review the measurement of all training programs to ensure alignment with overall business OKRs and include mechanisms for ongoing analysis
- Lead the organization for the sourcing, implementation and training of an appropriate learning management system (LMS) that includes the organization’s learning, development, compliance, and other needs
- Ensure all development programming is equitable and actively builds support for the engagement and development of minority team members at the company
- Lead efforts to enhance the organizational bench strength and retention of senior leaders and key talent through talent assessments, succession planning, career pathing, and performance management
- Develop a network of partners, building strong relationships: source, contract, and collaborate with internal and external subject matter and content experts, business partners, and vendors on the design of leadership development initiatives
- Develop executive coaching pool and provide individualized executive coaching as required
- Serve as an internal consultant to businesses & HR on matters of management & leadership development
- Collaborate with key stakeholders (Executive Leadership and HR business partners, etc.) to ensure solutions are relevant, drive key business outcomes and align to key talent strategies across the company
- Be a champion for innovation in the talent development space
- Drive best practices and integrate into Latch processes – while also knowing what other best in class companies are doing
- A minimum of 10 years of experience in building and scaling employee, management and leadership development programs for a global organization
- Extensive knowledge of Management, Leadership and Executive development including management and leadership development programs, succession planning, assessments and executive coaching
- Broad global perspective and the ability to lead with cultural sensitivity across a diverse, global organization
- Successfully driven large-scale global programs to completion within time and budget
- Well-versed in digital learning, just-in-time/micro-learning, and blended learning strategies
- Proficient in LMS and Talent Development technologies
- Experience with learning evaluation and people analytics
- Knowledge of industry trends and the latest research
Founded in 2014, Latch now has 300+ team members working to reimagine modern buildings of today and drive evolution for the cities of tomorrow. Over half of our team members work in product development roles, and our team leverages established expertise in over 55 professional disciplines.
We offer unlimited Paid Time Off, a comprehensive benefits package, mental health support, and an environment where employees are surrounded by creative, empowered, and dynamic peers.
In conjunction with our core values: Contagious Determination, Humility, Trust, Inclusion, Action with Intent, and Privacy, we approach our work with care and a sense of duty, to make the world a better space.
We embrace diversity and strive to create an inclusive and equitable environment for all.
Applicant Privacy Notice